Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SMOCK Windproof dated 1943 found in Norway

Article about: Hello everyone, I was hoping to get some answers. I recently found a SMOCK Windproof "jacket" in a farmhouse near Sandefjord, Norway. The farm is relatively close to the sea, and I

Defender
    ?

Default SMOCK Windproof dated 1943 found in Norway

Hello everyone, I was hoping to get some answers. I recently found a SMOCK Windproof "jacket" in a farmhouse near Sandefjord, Norway. The farm is relatively close to the sea, and I know that during WW2 the owners of this farm was part of the norwegian resistance as well as helping allied paratroopers and pilots. I have no idea about whom or which division this jacket might have been used in. I was hoping that some of you could help me find the answers.

As you can see, it's a rather small size. Hope to hear from you guys soon. Thanks!

It is a general issue military item available to all commonwealth units in Europe as desired, they were used sporadically at the preference of the individual soldier. The surplus stocks were used by British units into the 70's including the SAS but it was never an exclusive item to elite units. Certainly the sort of thing that would have been supply dropped into resistance areas. Here is an informative thread from another forum a few years back:CSC Discussion Forum: Camouflage windproof smocks

Defender
    ?

Quote by asterperious View Post
    It is a general issue military item available to all commonwealth units in Europe as desired, they were used sporadically at the preference of the individual soldier. The surplus stocks were used by British units into the 70's including the SAS but it was never an exclusive item to elite units. Certainly the sort of thing that would have been supply dropped into resistance areas. Here is an informative thread from another forum a few years back:CSC Discussion Forum: Camouflage windproof smocks
    Thanks for this mate! Any idea of how much this smock is worth? The condition is not the best, and you can clearly see that it's been well used. I know theres a lot more treasure hiding around here, I'm 100% sure theres alot more to find.

In good condition they sell for about £150.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.