Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Some British Hospital Blue Uniforms

Article about: Hi everybody, here are some uniforms from my collection showing what convalescent British servicemen wore in hospital during WW2. Wounded soldiers were issued with a coarse, blue woolen unif

Default Some British Hospital Blue Uniforms

Hi everybody, here are some uniforms from my collection showing what convalescent British servicemen wore in hospital during WW2. Wounded soldiers were issued with a coarse, blue woolen uniform. WW1 and early WW2 uniforms have white facings, which was dropped from the jacket soon after the war began. If leaving the hospital, soldiers wore their service greatcoat with a blue armband.

This uniform was not flattering and very unpopular.

The Jacket is of civillian cut, unlined and worn with a white shirt and red tie. Regular service headgear was worn with the uniform. The jacket was plain and did not display rank insignia, badges, medal ribbons etc.
    It was also issued with a matching waistcoat. This Jacket is marked with the broad arrow and dated 42.

The regulation trousers were designed to be worn with braces and tie up with an integral white belt. This pair are undated but marked with the broad arrow and the War Department mark.

Finally there is the dressing gown, which would have been worn over pyjamas. This example is dated 1945 and is the only item to retain the white facings seen of earlier hospital uniforms.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some British Hospital Blue Uniforms   Some British Hospital Blue Uniforms  

Some British Hospital Blue Uniforms   Some British Hospital Blue Uniforms  

Some British Hospital Blue Uniforms   Some British Hospital Blue Uniforms  

Last edited by douglas2496; 01-19-2013 at 10:11 PM.

Default Re: Some British Hospital Blue Uniforms

Not something you see often and not something I would recognise, so very handy to see these pics Douglas.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Very cool
    Thank you for showing.

Cheers
    Nuno

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Not something you see often and not something I would recognise, so very handy to see these pics Douglas.
    Same here!..

Thanks for your comments.

Hiya Douglas, these are nice to see.

I showed the ATS version of the Hospital Blue BD Blouse here:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/colle...28/#post503646

Cheers, Lez.