MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Some Royal Navy Uniforms

Article about: Thought I would post some pictures of my Royal Navy uniforms 1940-45. Clockwise from top left, Officers service dress jacket and cap, dated 1940 for a Lt Commander Royal Navy Reserve, Duffel

Default Some Royal Navy Uniforms

Thought I would post some pictures of my Royal Navy uniforms 1940-45. Clockwise from top left, Officers service dress jacket and cap, dated 1940 for a Lt Commander Royal Navy Reserve, Duffel coat (1944) with ratings cap, Officers battledress jacket for a Lieutenant (1945) Officers hot weather service dress, and at bottom left, ratings uniform and cap. I will upload individual uniform pictures as I complete them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some Royal Navy Uniforms   Some Royal Navy Uniforms  

Some Royal Navy Uniforms   Some Royal Navy Uniforms  

Some Royal Navy Uniforms  
    Last edited by douglas2496; 06-27-2013 at 08:11 PM.

Default Re: Some Royal Navy Uniforms

Very nice collection Douglas. I have a RN reserve no.5 tunic and trousers for a commander who has the same style of braid on the cuffs as yours and I think this type was introduced in 1951, though I would be happy to be informed I was wrong and that it does date to the WWII period. I notice yours is dated 1940, so perhaps he stayed in the navy and updated his braid after the war?

Royal Navy Reserve officers uniform group
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks Jerry, I wasnt aware of that and its interesting. I have now included a picture of the date label (Monnerys ltd). Unless the date has been written in as a peice of fakery (which I doubt) it would seem likely that these are a post war addition to a war time uniform. Your uniform looks good too.

?

Good looking uniforms. Great display.

Quote by douglas2496 View Post
    Thanks Jerry, I wasnt aware of that and its interesting. I have now included a picture of the date label (Monnerys ltd). Unless the date has been written in as a peice of fakery (which I doubt) it would seem likely that these are a post war addition to a war time uniform. Your uniform looks good too.
    I would be inclined to think that he was in the reserve post war after wartime service and upgraded his braid at the time, which I think is probably the case with the group I linked to and I'm glad you liked it, I just need to get a cap for it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Nice collection Douglas and brilliantly photographed if I may say so, almost like a museum exhibition. I've had a duffle coat for many years now but unfortunately the date stamp has completely faded. Out of interest, was there any purely wartime features of the RN Duffle coat?

I've always assumed mine was wartime and actually used to wear it for a time, but it doesn't half stink in the wet weather!

Thanks for your comments.

With regard to the duffel coat, I didnt know that they even made them post war- all the examples I have seen have wartime dates, so I'm sorry I cant help with that.

Very nice, you have a brilliant collection.
    Thank you for showing.
    Cheers
    Nuno

Thanks.

Very impressive collection. Nice to see another collector of RN kit, although my collection seems rather inadequate after this!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast