Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

sometimes history is right under your nose ! RA battledress dated 1943

Article about: Hi Update on the project. It's getting out of hand....... I have now sorted out the paper work and photos. There are 72 wartime shots of the unit in the UK, North Afrika and Italy. Plus asso

Default Re: sometimes history is right under your nose ! RA battledress dated 1943

Hi Paul

How did you know he supports The Arsenal !

cheers

tony

Default Re: sometimes history is right under your nose ! RA battledress dated 1943

Dwight,

I believe the blue and red stripe is the insignia colours of the royal artillery.

cheers

tony

Indeed, known as the Arm of Service strips, all the services/corps had different combinations of colours to demarcate at a glance who someone was attached to. They were introduced in 1940 and then dropped after WWII.

Arm of Service Strips
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Spandau & Bond: Thank you for that tidbit. One of the great features of this Forum is the opportunity to learn so much interesting stuff. So much to learn and so little time. Thank you both. Dwight

?

Cracking BD in excellent condition mate.

Quote by spandau View Post
    Dwight,

I believe the blue and red stripe is the insignia colours of the royal artillery.

cheers

tony

Still in use as the AoS (Arm of Service patch), of RA (Royal Artillery) and RHA (Royal Horse Artillery) units of the British Army.
    The patch is now worn as a square shape, evenly divided, with the red above the blue. (Handy having a son who's a JNCO in RHA!)

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

?

Nice untouched grouping ... great find !

gentlemen,

thank you for the suporting words.

My mother in law returned from a visit with some more items he had in a drawer. Amazing really....paperwork and badges and his "housewife".

He also still has the dressing gown he had made from his old army blanket.......I had heard of this family story before but never believed he still had the bloody thing.

Post war thrift never leaves ya it would seem.

I'm guessing you'll want pictures.

cheers

tony

Here is the housewife...

sometimes history is right under your nose ! RA battledress dated 1943sometimes history is right under your nose ! RA battledress dated 1943sometimes history is right under your nose ! RA battledress dated 1943

in it were the arm patches...

in another cupboard the family famous dressing gown !

sometimes history is right under your nose ! RA battledress dated 1943sometimes history is right under your nose ! RA battledress dated 1943

Another find in the green house of all places. He said that he used the fuse caps as ashtrays when he "was sent outside" by the missus.....

cheers

tony

?

Very interesting items Tony. Its nice that you are making a book about them aswell.

Cheers, Patrick

P.S. I cleared my PM box.

cant wait to read the stories and look at the pictures
    adam

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast