Become our sponsor and display your banner here

South African Officer's or Despatch Riders' boots

Article about: A couple of calf high despatch rider's or officer's South African made: procudce in 1940, by Barkers, Capetown and possibly resoled )after the war?): I have found out the Baker's footwear Co

Default South African Officer's or Despatch Riders' boots

A couple of calf high despatch rider's or officer's South African made: procudce in 1940, by Barkers, Capetown and possibly resoled )after the war?): I have found out the Baker's footwear Company is still active in Capetown nowadays... And I have also found out the Ishide produce rubber soles during the war, since commandos at St. Nazaire were equipped with Ishide soled ammo boots, but was the "Commando style" a name entered into use after the war? anybody has any positive info about when Inshide introduce these "Commando stly" hard rubber soles? Thank you so much in advance for your knowledge!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SA_Officer_Boots_2.jpg 
Views:	871 
Size:	187.0 KB 
ID:	634408   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SA_Officer_Boots_3.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	634409  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SA_Officer_Boots_Markings.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	134.7 KB 
ID:	634410   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SA_Officer_Boots_Soles_2.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	124.5 KB 
ID:	634411  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SA_Officer_Boots_Soles.jpg 
Views:	695 
Size:	131.4 KB 
ID:	634412  

Hi Loupie, they are re soled. These came out postwar.

I have a pair of brown Officers shoes with these soles which my friend Nick gave me. They were his during his postwar service.

Cheers, Ade
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Loupie, they are re soled. These came out postwar.

I have a pair of brown Officers shoes with these soles which my friend Nick gave me. They were his during his postwar service.

Cheers, Ade
    Thank you Ade: I was almost they had been resoled: i guess because of comfort and grip, because leather is absolutely perfect and is a very smart pair of boots!