Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Starting to collect a full US Army GI display

Article about: Hi folks, With your indulgence (and if it is appropriate for this section) I'd like input an creating a US Army display. My goal is to have a post Anzio display based around the M43 Jacket.

Default Starting to collect a full US Army GI display

Hi folks, With your indulgence (and if it is appropriate for this section) I'd like input an creating a US Army display. My goal is to have a post Anzio display based around the M43 Jacket. I will be adding new items every couple of weeks as they arrive. To begin, I have an M1 helmet and M43 trousers. I know the M1 helmet is fine but welcome comments on the trousers. I'll add more photos as items arrive if this is OK. NH

Starting to collect a full US Army GI displayStarting to collect a full US Army GI displayStarting to collect a full US Army GI display

It all looks good to me you're well on the way good start. timothy

Good luck with your project.

To think I used to wear all this original kit for re-enacting 30 years ago....

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

A very good start.

M43 Jackets with nothing on are common and easier to get, which is not a problem. Unless you see one with the patch on, than it's a different story. Be careful on fakes or postwar added examples. M41 works as well.

Good luck and have fun !

Cheers!
    Taka

Thanks everyone! Some books on the way and packages are incoming. I did get an M43 jacket with no insignia. Photos soon. NH

?

Have fun with your new project! Call or stop over when you can. Rich
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Just a thought Neal my dad was issued a M-41 in England and states I had a old picture of it in a camp in England this would have been in late 43 he had it until after D-Day and sometime in late 44 when he went to the Siegfried Line Saar Mossle area they were given M-43 jackets he said that no patches were to be worn on the line as "They didn't want the Germans to know who they were" so he insisted on his M-43 had no patches his M-41 did. I see period pictures of both patches and without maybe this was just a unit thing but thought I would pass this story along since you are getting a US uniform together happy collecting and I look forward to see more. timothy

Starting to collect a full US Army GI displayStarting to collect a full US Army GI displayStarting to collect a full US Army GI displayStarting to collect a full US Army GI display

Taka and Timothy - thanks for the advice. Good timing too - here are photos of the M43 jacket. Feedback is welcome. NH

Hi folks, Here is a wool service shirt. Picked this up at an antiques store for ten dollars. I could only find a size marking in the collar. It looks like what is identified as a "special" shirt with anti-gas features. Note the two buttons behind the collar. Can anyone confirm? NH

Starting to collect a full US Army GI displayStarting to collect a full US Army GI displayStarting to collect a full US Army GI display

Hi Neil,

Both uniforms are great!

I like the M-43, it's a rather early version. (370-C)

Is the inner instruction tag still attached?

I have a size 32 S and a 32 R (M-43) in my collection.

The service shirt's two back button is for buttoning a wool hood.

Cheers!
    Taka

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast