Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Still good deals out there

Article about: by CBH No information on the owner , not named or numbered . However the North Nova Scotia Highlanders tunic ,that I posted has a number on the underside of the inside pocket 8466 would this

CBH
    ?

Default Still good deals out there

Got this last year ,from a charity shop (value village for the Canadain's out there) It's clean and has all it's original insignia for the 5th Royal Canadain Artillery and 44 dated . And for 50$ I couldn't pass it up . Hope you like it .
    Cheers Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Still good deals out there   Still good deals out there  

Still good deals out there  

?

Default Re: Still good deals out there

Good score Chris for $50 bucks I as well have picked up many interesting military items at Value Village over the years .
    The uniform section is allways the first place I look when I go into the store

Regards Mark K

?

Great buy!! It has been altered around the collar with softer material so the wool wouldn't rub on the neck ... and judging by the late date (and the fact that the rear panel is 2 pieces) this would probably been his coming home uniform... very nice!!!

We need a value village in the U.S the closest we have is the Salvation Army and assorted Goodwill stores. War items in stores like these often go for tons higher then their worth, I watched a WW2 U.S army cap in terrible condition go for $125.00 one day after that I did not have any desire to go back...

Quote by MrMosel View Post
    We need a value village in the U.S the closest we have is the Salvation Army and assorted Goodwill stores. War items in stores like these often go for tons higher then their worth, I watched a WW2 U.S army cap in terrible condition go for $125.00 one day after that I did not have any desire to go back...
    Exactly, and then you go to Goodwill and see a David's Bridal or other custom designed maid of honor dress for $12 when you know the previous owner paid $300+. I don't know how they come up with their prices. But, just look at who is working there, and that says a lot.

Great pick up!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

CBH
    ?

Glad you all like it , I couldn't pass it up . Value Village is hit and miss , some stuff cheap and other stuff pricey . It was better years ago when not as many people went there , and the prices were lower . There is a used clothing store just outside of town , and they get all there stuff out of the Eastern US , and they come up with some nice stuff now and then ,got a Vietnam issue green BDU shirt last week , and last year I picked up a pair of WW2 USAAF flight pants and lots of odds and ends . Might want to sell or trade the flight pants , so I'll post them to see what you think they might be worth .
    Cheers Chris

Fantastic find! Well done and thanks for posting. Just goes to show what is still knocking around.

Great score and a bargain price for a very desirable BD IMO.

The charity shops I go to in Britain rarely seem to have much militaria these days as I think most of it gets sorted before going on the shelves and the militaria gets sent for auction or to local dealers.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

CBH
    ?

I've heard that Value Village now takes some items , and puts them on E bay if they think they are high end or rare . So I guess it is starting over here too ,Jerry . Hope I get a few more good items first .
    Cheers Chris

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast