Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Trying to identify coat

Article about: Hi all. Can anybody please help me. Please see the enclosed pics of the coat I am trying to identify. I'm sure it is military as I saw a similar one advertised as such and selling for a phen

panthjames
    ?

Default Trying to identify coat

Hi all. Can anybody please help me. Please see the enclosed pics of the coat I am trying to identify. I'm sure it is military as I saw a similar one advertised as such and selling for a phenomenal amount! It is apparently rare as well?

The coat is leather and blanket lined with fur collar. It has a sewn on badge saying Skinnarland Inreg Varum and another white label with just a number 2 on it.

Any information about these coats and also it's value would be much appreciated. Many thanks.

Trying to identify coatTrying to identify coatTrying to identify coatTrying to identify coat

Default Re: Trying to identify coat

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

Sorry, this is not a military issue coat.

Cheers, Ade.

?

I agree with Ade here, also judging by the size "2", and the buttons being on the left, its quite possible its a womans coat

?

Hi Nick, they are "trying it on", again that one is not a military issue coat. Vaguely similar to a KM jacket, but it is not one. I have seen these passed off as WW1 pilots coats, leather SS Panzer jackets, you name it.

Cheers, Ade.

panthjames
    ?

Quote by NickD View Post
    Hi NickD. Yes I saw that ad and my coat is exactly the same in every detail (apart from the one missing button)! I'm confused.
    CHeers

No need to be confused, sadly it is civvy, most likely made in Norway.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Nick, they are "trying it on", again that one is not a military issue coat. Vaguely similar to a KM jacket, but it is not one. I have seen these passed off as WW1 pilots coats, leather SS Panzer jackets, you name it.

Cheers, Ade.
    just hope no one is gullible enough to fall for it as that's a lot of money to spend on a civvy coat !!!!