Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

U.S. Army Officer’s Khaki Summer Uniform Tunic

Article about: Picked up a nice tunic believed to have been made in 1940, one small moth hole present other than that great condition, am i right i thinking these were private purchase, the patch is wool a

Default U.S. Army Officer’s Khaki Summer Uniform Tunic

Picked up a nice tunic believed to have been made in 1940, one small moth hole present other than that great condition, am i right i thinking these were private purchase, the patch is wool and airforce related, i would like to obtain some collar insignia so any advice would be great, thanks.
    Steve

Hi Steve, Its a very nice private purchase summer tunic. The insignia looks like this. I have a spare set of winged propellers I can send you if you'd like to remind me of your address. You shouldnt have much trouble getting the 'US' devices on ebay.

That`s very kind of you Douglas, i can not see any image though? very happy with the tunic it has been kept very well baring in mind its age.
    i will PM you my address
    steve

Hi Steve, I had a power cut whilst typing. Here is the picture. You will also need officers rank bars on the shoulder. The metal insignia is identical on both left and right side of the jacket.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture U.S. Army Officer’s Khaki Summer Uniform Tunic  

That looks very nice Douglas, are the bars too available, and this the rank the same as your example.
    Steve

Hi Steve, I will get the propellers in the post today. You have a choice of officers bars, Junior officers wear one gold bar (2nd Lt), one silver bar (1st Lt) or a double silver bar (Captain) as shown here. If you go for silver bars they should be made of sterling silver, postwar ones are not. I have generally been able to get these sort of things on ebay without spending a great deal.

Brilliant, must say the twin bar looks the part, and a massive thank you once again.

?

Very Nice tunic Steve

I love the AAF stuff!!

Officers had to buy their uniforms, so you will find that they are made by tailor shops.

Douglas is correct about what he suggested looking for. Good luck in your search. The items can be found at a decent price on ebay if your patient.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Cheers Phil, i will do that.

Nice tunic! I love the look of the summer tunics.

Here are a couple of mine with closeups of the collar insignia. An 8th AAF 4 pocket and a 5th AAF Ike.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast