Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

U.S. Belt Buckle

Article about: Hello, I was hoping someone could help me ID this belt buckle? I got it in a box lot full of US insignia at a local auction. It measures about 1 5/8" in diameter and is made of brass. A

Default U.S. Belt Buckle

Hello,

I was hoping someone could help me ID this belt buckle? I got it in a box lot full of US insignia at a local auction. It measures about 1 5/8" in diameter and is made of brass.

Any specifics like who would have worn it time period and may be some idea of value. I always hate to ask that last one but I’m lost when it comes to US stuff. I did search the internet to see what I could learn but I found every buckle except for this one.

I also posted some pics of a set of D-rings I found in the same box. They kind of looked like they belonged in the same time period as the buckle. Any info on them would be great as well. They measure about 1 x 1 5/16”.
    Thanks very much for the help and hope you guys can be patient with me as I will probably be asking a lot of questions while digging though my box of US goodies.

Thanks again!

U.S. Belt BuckleU.S. Belt Buckle

U.S. Belt BuckleU.S. Belt Buckle

Default Re: U.S. Belt Buckle

I don't believe it's a belt buckle, actually. It's more likely from a horse harness or something of that nature etc. The D rings look to also be from harness rigging. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

The US item is a horse bridal rosette for draft horses, civil war /Indian war period.
    I am not sure about the d rings.

Thanks for the help guys! My internet search is going much easier now that I know what it is. Not very valuable but pretty cool piece none the less.

Thanks again!