Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

U.S. National Guard field jacket

Article about: I bought two field jackets today at a sale, and I was wondering if it's possible to identify the approximate timeframe for them. They both look the same, except one has the sleeve insignia f

?

Default U.S. National Guard field jacket

I bought two field jackets today at a sale, and I was wondering if it's possible to identify the approximate timeframe for them. They both look the same, except one has the sleeve insignia for the Pennsylvania National Guard. I don't really think they have any value, but I only paid $1 each, so they'll be nice to wear around the house if they're very recent. Here are the photos:

U.S. National Guard field jacketU.S. National Guard field jacketU.S. National Guard field jacket

Thanks in advance!

Late 50's-60's 'Vietnam' era.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Thanks, Steve! I know nothing about U.S. military stuff, so apologies if that was a stupid question.

Never stupid questions - we all have certain areas in which
    we collect and sometimes need help when we step
    outside our comfort zones.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Never stupid questions - we all have certain areas in which
    we collect and sometimes need help when we step
    outside our comfort zones.........
    Well, thanks again! I appreciate the help. I tend to specialize, so it's impressive that there are people here who have knowledge in a wide variety of fields.

?

Not worth a whole heck of a lot maybe 7 to 10 dollars

?

Quote by gel65 View Post
    Not worth a whole heck of a lot maybe 7 to 10 dollars
    That was my thought when I got them, but for $1, they're nice for wearing in the winter. I love surplus stuff for use. Thanks for the input anyway!

I believe they are "Fatigue shirts" and as Steve said 50's to mid 60's. Went to the subdued U.S.Army around 67. Pretty good for a buck each.

?

Quote by johnhmcgary View Post
    I believe they are "Fatigue shirts" and as Steve said 50's to mid 60's. Went to the subdued U.S.Army around 67. Pretty good for a buck each.
    Thanks for the correction! I really didn't know what to call them, but I thought 'field jacket' sounded about right.

By the way, I mistyped in my first post; it was $1 for both, not that it makes much difference!