Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

U.S., W.W.II Captains Uniform Help Needed

Article about: Hello, I would like to ask if there is anyone here that could lend a hand in identifying a captains uniform of the U.S. 84th Infantry Division during W.W.II. I believe I have the patches cor

?

Default U.S., W.W.II Captains Uniform Help Needed

Hello, I would like to ask if there is anyone here that could lend a hand in identifying a captains uniform of the U.S. 84th Infantry Division during W.W.II. I believe I have the patches correctly identified but I also need help with the award ribbons. I have pictures but don't want to clutter the forum with them so, if anyone can help, please send me your e-mail address and I will send the pictures.

Thanks

?

Default Re: U.S., W.W.II Captains Uniform Help Needed

PA Reb You will not clutter the forum post them so all can see you might help answer someone else's question. Gary

?

Well, here goes then. I'm pretty much certain (according to the shoulder patches) the captain that wore this uniform was a member of the 84th Infantry Division, Headquarters E.T.O., USA, COMMZ. If I'm wrong there, please let me know. What I really need help with is identifying the award ribbons and the stars. Also, the chevron and pin on the left lapel. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images U.S., W.W.II Captains Uniform Help Needed  U.S., W.W.II Captains Uniform Help Needed  U.S., W.W.II Captains Uniform Help Needed  U.S., W.W.II Captains Uniform Help Needed  U.S., W.W.II Captains Uniform Help Needed 

?

PA the medical insignia with the A is for Medical Administrative Corps. Top row ribbons Good conduct then bronze star. Bottom row American defense medal, European -African-Middle eastern Campaign then Victory ribbon. the stars are for participation in a campaign. The Victory ribbon should not have a star.Gary

?

PA one more thing Officers were not eligibile for the good conduct medal it was only authorized for enlisted personnel.

?

Thanks for the info! Are you saying that these ribbons may or may not be original to the uniform? How would the good conduct ribbon work if it was awarded to an individual as an enlisted man before he became an officer?

?

Well what history do you have on the uniform.

?

None

?

I would say the ribbons and the ETO advanced base patch are added. The patch just looks to sloppy for a Capt. Gary

I agree that the patches seem a little sloppily sewn on. If you have access to a black light you can see if the thread used to sew on the patches glows. One of the mistakes people make when they're faking up a jacket is using polyester thread instead of period cotton thread. Hope this helps. rick

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast