Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Uniform to identify - Norwegian ???

Article about: I've been shown pictures of uniform that I cant recognize. It looks like RAF pattern, but in cloth. It's got 'Ferner Jacobsen a.s Oslo' makers label underneath so I thought it might be Nower

Default Uniform to identify - Norwegian ???

I've been shown pictures of uniform that I cant recognize. It looks like RAF pattern, but in cloth. It's got 'Ferner Jacobsen a.s Oslo' makers label underneath so I thought it might be Nowergian (as they used some British patterns during and after the war). But the buttons are strange - have never seen such coat of arms on any gear - close to Swedish but still no...

Pls help...

Default Re: Uniform to identify - Norwegian ???

I think its civil pilotjacket. SAS (Scandinavian Airlines System)
    The National aviation Society of Denmark, Sweden and Norway. SAS was assigned in 1946.

Regards
    JT

Thats possible ! thanks !

If you have any more info on when it was in use, what rank etc - it would be fantastic...

It might be of interest, that this jacket was discovered together with items and documents most probably belonging to Second Leutnant Aage Westermark, Norwegian pilot of 331 Squadron...

BMF
    ?

mario, a nice historic lot.

The Åge Westermark lot, is just excellent. Please keep it together. It's a historic lot, from a brave man. He probably flew for the SAS postwar.

All the best
    Stig Erik

Olagaard
    ?

Hello Mario33. Aage Westermark was my grand father. Could you please tell me how you came across these items? I´m rather excited

Best Regards

Ola Ø

Sending mail.

Some fantastic news is that the lot is kept together and now beautifully restored and displayed in one of the museums in Poland. Maybe one day those should be back in Norway... Maybe any Norwegian museum will be interested in exchange for Polish items...