Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown u.s. Army uniform top. Vietnam?

Article about: This was given to me recently and I cannot figure out the era. The top front pockets baffle me. I have been told it is Vietnam era but cannot confirm because no date can be found. Any insigh

?

Default Unknown u.s. Army uniform top. Vietnam?

This was given to me recently and I cannot figure out the era. The top front pockets baffle me. I have been told it is Vietnam era but cannot confirm because no date can be found. Any insight would ease my over-worked braincell. Thank you.

Unknown u.s. Army uniform top. Vietnam?Unknown u.s. Army uniform top. Vietnam?Unknown u.s. Army uniform top. Vietnam?Unknown u.s. Army uniform top. Vietnam?Unknown u.s. Army uniform top. Vietnam?Unknown u.s. Army uniform top. Vietnam?Unknown u.s. Army uniform top. Vietnam?

?

Default Re: Unknown u.s. Army uniform top. Vietnam?

Certainly Vietnam period rip stop material. I do not recognize the shoulder patch though.

The distinctive unit insignia is for the (former) 7 Army Reserve Command. See:
    TIOH - Heraldry - 7 Army Reserve Command
    7th U.S. Army Reserve Command

?

Looks most likely a National Guard unit, but what state or unit is the question.

Looks similar to a hot weather BDU, with the exception of the slanted top pockets.

?

What is the DSA date code on the larger tag? If it is present. Looks like predomant brown ERDL. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Still not sure about the shirt, but the unit patch wasn't authorized by the Institute of Heraldry until 1989. Look inside the shirt or inside the lower pockets and see if there is a larger tag. As Rich A. said, it may have a date on it.

Dusty