Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Unnumbered Armored Officer Tunic

Article about: I was curious what the consensus is on this Major's Tunic. I have some reservations but would like to know what the professionals think. The seller indicated the ribbon bar holder is a repla

Default Unnumbered Armored Officer Tunic

I was curious what the consensus is on this Major's Tunic. I have some reservations but would like to know what the professionals think.

The seller indicated the ribbon bar holder is a replacement. His story is the ribbons came from the estate but were stored in a cigar box separate from the tunic. He applied them.

Thanks!

Unnumbered Armored Officer TunicUnnumbered Armored Officer TunicUnnumbered Armored Officer TunicUnnumbered Armored Officer TunicUnnumbered Armored Officer TunicUnnumbered Armored Officer TunicUnnumbered Armored Officer Tunic

According to the Unit patch on the uniform you posted the Major would have been an unassigned Tanker Officer, but with the ribbons (i.e. Silver Star, Bronze Star and purple heart) as well as the overseas bars on the uniform; there should be an overseas patch on the left sleeve with the unit he was assigned to during combat, if not you may be correct on your assumptions, still it looks like a nice period private purchase jacket.

Thank you for your input sargetom!

My biggest issue is with the ribbons. They look too new themselves and the awards just seem too perfect with the unnumbered ssi. About the only thing that looks original to me is the jacket itself and the overseas bars. The rest seems as though it is humped up.