Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

US 47th infantry dress tunic

Article about: hello i found this tunic. from what ive looked into the patch is 47th infantry. as for the date on this i would like to ask if anyone could help. thanks mark. the tag DSA 100-68-C-0275. woul

Default US 47th infantry dress tunic

hello i found this tunic. from what ive looked into the patch is 47th infantry. as for the date on this i would like to ask if anyone could help. thanks mark. the tag DSA 100-68-C-0275. would this be year 68.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US 47th infantry dress tunic   US 47th infantry dress tunic  

US 47th infantry dress tunic  

?

Not too sure on the date but certainly a nice post war jacket and ssi.

ok thanks fJR6.

?

Yes 68 would be the year so this is a wartime made one. The patch is most likely made much earlier most likely in the 50s.

?

A nice Vietnam era jacket then! Thanks for sharing it.

thanks gel65. thats intresting how the patch is earlier. but makes this a nice item. i dont look for tunics but thought this looks nice.

?

The condition looks to be mint, are there any indications of its original owner at all in any of the pockets etc?

Quote by FJR6 View Post
    The condition looks to be mint, are there any indications of its original owner at all in any of the pockets etc?
    ive had a look. i can see some real faint letters under the collar tag but to faded to make anything from it. cheers mark.

This one is from the 47th Infantry Div (Minnesota Army National Guard) the patch was worn from 10th June 46 - 1st February 1991 and the unit wasn't involved in any campaigns. Lovely 1968 vintage jacket though!

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    This one is from the 47th Infantry Div (Minnesota Army National Guard) the patch was worn from 10th June 46 - 1st February 1991 and the unit wasn't involved in any campaigns. Lovely 1968 vintage jacket though!
    thanks for the information rene. cheers mark.