Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

US 740th Armored Ike jacket

Article about: That is a great Ike. The patch is RARE.

?

Default US 740th Armored Ike jacket

I was given this jacket awhile back. The story behind it is the father (740th TB) was in WWII the son was in Korea. The daughter of the Korean war vet was at a place I was doing a display. She asked if I wanted her fathers and grandfathers stuff. So I gave her my # and never heard from her again. So I thought about a year later I got a call out of the blue. So I went up and ment with her and her husband. In an old trunk in the cellar was the uniforms of her father and grand father. I went through the trunk and told her what everything was . She kept alot of the personal items ( photos ,dog tags , medals) . This was the first time she had ever gone through the trunk and after a few tears and alot of smiles the lady gave me the trunk. After so many years the trunk still smells of moth balls. The 740th jacket rang a bell the other day so I dug it out. I dont have any brass or ribbons for it but I do have the vets name . Hope you guys like it. Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US 740th Armored  Ike jacket   US 740th Armored  Ike jacket  

US 740th Armored  Ike jacket  

Default Re: US 740th Armored Ike jacket

These are the best finds! It's a bittersweet parting for the family. I have been in your shoes and experienced the looks and tears. At least it is in a good home.

?

Heletone I agree . It was a good feeling explaining all the items .

?

For you guys out there that don't know the 740th had a part in the battle of the bulge .

?

Amazing german made tab on the patch and a excellent story

?

Gel65 thanks for looking . Just for curiosities sake what makes you think the patch is German made.

?

Nice find and story.

I fairly recently woodworked an M1 helmet bearing the same units slogan and colors in the shape of a shield, very likely vet art. Haven't properly researched the vet or the helmet yet though.

?

The tab is bevo the style used when making most german made patches, but the tab itself is US manufacture

Gary, are there holes where the EM insignia would have been ?
    Shouldn't be too hard to locate a set.

'740' is the highest number I've ever seen on
    an Armored patch.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Steve no holes for brass . Relicz would love to see the helmet. Gel65 the tab looks to be made of silk.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast