Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

US Army Air Corps jacket

Article about: Franz the jacket is from 2-7-40. It does have some nips in it but still in nice shape. Steve thanks again i'm just glad that the patch is still in nice shape. {I would love to have the jacke

?

Default US Army Air Corps jacket

I picked this up this weekend . The jacket is for a staff Sgt. with the Army Air Corps. He has aAir Corps patch on one shoulder and a US Army South Atlantic theater patch on the other. His ribbons are the good conduct, American Campaign,and ETO Campaign (ribbons by wolf-brown). He has the Technician Qualification Badge with 2 bars. He has 1 service stripe and four oversea service bars. On the other side he has a engineering specialst patch. His DI are for the Air Corps Tech school. This jacket also came with a named good conduct medal,two shirts ,and a pair of pants. Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Army Air Corps jacket   US Army Air Corps jacket  

US Army Air Corps jacket   US Army Air Corps jacket  

US Army Air Corps jacket  

Default Re: US Army Air Corps jacket

That is a very nicely badged up u.s.a.a.f jacket and quite a rare patch im sure i have never seen the badge you say is south atlantic theatre is this wartime or just post?

?

Airwarrior A patch like this one is on E-Bay the seller stated it was activated in 1942 and headquartered at Ibura field,Recife, Brazil thier mission was to support Air Transportation Command. deactivated Oct, 1945. This is also the first time i have seen this patch. Gary

Well Gary thanks for showing that is a beauty a rare piece then must be as it is not in the books i have or never heard of that patch.

?

Airwarrior I found the patch in one of my books but they just have a photo of it no history. I like things like this gives you something to do. Gary

Hi Gary, that is a really nice complete original tunic.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Hi Ade thanks .These are getting tougher to find just like everything else. Gary

Nice find, Gary! I particularly like that named Good Conduct medal. So many weren't. rick

?

Thanks Rick I have a few and seen alot of GC medals but this is my first named.

?

The lady I bought this jacket from called me lastnight and asked if I wanted some more items that went with the jacket.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Army Air Corps jacket   US Army Air Corps jacket  

US Army Air Corps jacket  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast