Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

US Army Air Corps Service Uniform

Article about: I have yet again stumbled across another service uniform being disrespected and forgotten. I just had to save this one from the junk pile of a flea market, sitting out in the drizzle of rain

Default US Army Air Corps Service Uniform

I have yet again stumbled across another service uniform being disrespected and forgotten. I just had to save this one from the junk pile of a flea market, sitting out in the drizzle of rain. It'll be going up in the classifieds as I don't collect these (I just save them from the trash!) and I'm sure a collector of US militaria can put her back together better than I. And an interesting note, I found a discharge certificate in the pocket, qualifying the soldier for special train fare home or to place of induction, dated Oct 1945. Adds a personal touch to the whole uniform. Enjoy!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Army Air Corps Service Uniform   US Army Air Corps Service Uniform  

US Army Air Corps Service Uniform   US Army Air Corps Service Uniform  

Default Re: US Army Air Corps Service Uniform

Nice uniform. If only they could talk. 2 years overseas says something for a US Air Corps airman.

Thanks

Burt

?

Thanks To You For saving another wonderful piece of history that could of been trashed!!
    Ryan

I'm glad I could save it before it got ruined from weather or trashed. It's a shame these items are shown such disrespect.

Not my cup of tea, but a very nice uniform and good that you saved it from the rain. Hopefully someone will buy it who will appreciate it.

Always good to see clearly dated uniforms
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Bond View Post
    Not my cup of tea, but a very nice uniform and good that you saved it from the rain. Hopefully someone will buy it who will appreciate it.

Always good to see clearly dated uniforms
    Not my cup either but when you see one that needs a home you can't help but make an offer. Gives some satisfaction. Great overall condition and the shirt is still crisply starched

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Not my cup either but when you see one that needs a home you can't help but make an offer. Gives some satisfaction. Great overall condition and the shirt is still crisply starched
    For sure. I bought a British army beret recently mainly because it was in a sadly neglected state. I took it home, cleaned it and it now sits nicely in my collection. It makes one feel good.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

A real nice early 4 pocket with 2 years of overseas stripes.