Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

US Army Air Force - 9th AF Captain Ike Jacket for Opinions

Article about: Hello folks. I was hoping I might get some opinions on this ike jacket. I'm checking on any provenance the seller might have with it, but I wanted to see if anyone spots anything out of the

Default US Army Air Force - 9th AF Captain Ike Jacket for Opinions

Hello folks. I was hoping I might get some opinions on this ike jacket. I'm checking on any provenance the seller might have with it, but I wanted to see if anyone spots anything out of the ordinary that I might be missing. Everything looks period to me, though I wish I could find military records or information to tie the soldier in with something we're seeing here. The name on the private purchase label isn't very clear though, so at this point I have to go by what we can see, and maybe even assume the bars and insignia were added at some point. The seller wants $375, which seems way overpriced to me, but is quite open to any offers and is having a hard time moving it at that price as you can imagine, so he's motivated.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Looks like a nice jacket, but for $375?? Even parted out, you wouldn't come near to that figure. I'd pass...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Yeah, if he ends up sticking to that price, I would definitely pass. The jacket isn't highly valuable on its own, the wings are probably in the neighborhood of $50, the odds and ends another $40 or so. I was thinking of offering $150, which is way under his asking price, but who knows. If I had information proving this all belongs here, and the guy earned these awards, it would have added historical value and I'd be willing to pay more for that. As is, it would just be an example for the collection.

I thought it was interesting that it's missing the ruptured duck. I suspect that's not an indication of a put together, but seems like a lot of these had that insignia.

?

Quote by avenger View Post
    Yeah, if he ends up sticking to that price, I would definitely pass. The jacket isn't highly valuable on its own, the wings are probably in the neighborhood of $50, the odds and ends another $40 or so. I was thinking of offering $150, which is way under his asking price, but who knows. If I had information proving this all belongs here, and the guy earned these awards, it would have added historical value and I'd be willing to pay more for that. As is, it would just be an example for the collection.

I thought it was interesting that it's missing the ruptured duck. I suspect that's not an indication of a put together, but seems like a lot of these had that insignia.
    Officers didn't wear Ruptured Ducks friend.

?

The 9th AF patch looks a little fresh......

?

I don't see the stripe on the bottom of the jacket sleeve that is on officer jackets . Gary

IMO the insignia is not placed correctly leading me to believe this is a put together uniform by someone who does not know regulations well. As in 1/2" between the ribbons and the wings. Also the props on the lapel seem off also. You could do a uniform yourself that would look better than this one for a lot less money.

Thanks guys! I appreciate it. I let this one go, and am glad as it sounds like there are some questions on it.

I don't really have a problem with this Ike. Although for that price I would want a solid name with some history and support for the ribbons.

It was previously listed by Jessen's Relics:

WW II 9th Army Air Force Officer Ike Jacket - U.S. Uniforms - Jessen's Relics Military Memorabilia

Wow, you found the dealer my seller must have gotten it from. You guys amaze me sometimes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast