Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

US Army officer dress uniform

Article about: Hey everyone, I've had these two uniforms(the other will be posted separately) kicking around in my closet for a while now. I'm not really a uniform person, so I was hoping anyone could give

Default US Army officer dress uniform

Hey everyone,

I've had these two uniforms(the other will be posted separately) kicking around in my closet for a while now. I'm not really a uniform person, so I was hoping anyone could give me any information before I pass it along. Despite being pretty beat up and partially stripped, it is definitely well made. I believe someone got sloppy with the alterations to the liner, though. I especially like the Mary charm in the pocket, nice personal touch. Enjoy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Army officer dress uniform   US Army officer dress uniform  

US Army officer dress uniform   US Army officer dress uniform  

?

Default re: US Army officer dress uniform

This is a ww2 us calvary officers tunic the ribbon bar indicates that he earned the bronze star nice uniform private purchase

Default Re: US Army officer dress uniform

Nice high quality pre war tunic.

Might be worth trying to research his surname as it is not common.

Cheers, Ade,
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks for the replies. I tried looking up the maker, but nothing came up. Is it a well known private manufacturer? Uniforms are well out of my range of knowledge.

Where would be a good site to research from? The ones I find require you to submit a request, and not being a relative it seems like I'm out of luck.

Thanks, John

Not a maker I have heard of? But the address would suggest they had some prestige.

Try the NARA site for research on the name.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!