Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

US Army WW2 officer dress belt?

Article about: Hello gent's, I was thinking about adding one of these to go with a Uniform I have. I have never handled one of these and don't know if it is complete. So any thoughts on this one would be a

?

Default US Army WW2 officer dress belt?

Hello Gent's,
    I was thinking about adding one of these to go with a Uniform I have.
    I have never handled one of these and don't know if it is complete. So any thoughts on this one would be appreciated.
    Is this considered an Sam Brown belt? Also what is the time frame that these were worn?
    Seller sent me another pic and it does have the buckle hook to catch buckle back.

CLICK TO ENLARGE.

US Army WW2 officer dress belt?US Army WW2 officer dress belt?US Army WW2 officer dress belt?US Army WW2 officer dress belt?US Army WW2 officer dress belt?US Army WW2 officer dress belt?

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 11-19-2019 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Made additional comment

Phil,

A nice looking belt and it appears to be complete with the sword hangar as well.. These are usually hard to come by (the sword hangar that is)…

The Sam Browne belt has been around for a very long time and has been adopted by many Nations, Britain, US, Ireland, Germany to name a few..

For the US it was approved by General Pershing in WW1 and it was worn through the 20's and 30's and into the early 40's. When the US stopped issuing swords the belt was phased out and replaced with a cloth belt that was worn by officers.

The Sam Browne belt was worn by civilian police during WW2, in some cases dying the brown leather belts black and I also believe that the Corps of Cadets at Texas A&M University in Texas still issue the Cadets the Sam Brown with the Cadet uniform...

Fomby's Clothier was a high end clothing store for men on Main Street in San Antonio and a lot of AAF personnel upon completion of their training spent upwards of $150.00 for a custom tailored uniform from Fomby's to include the Sam Browne belt which was made of imported cordovan leather.

It all looks good to me...

Smitty

Here is an excerpt from a book where the author explains how he went to Fomby's to get a tailor made uniform...and Sam Browne Belt...

My War in Italy: On the Ground and in Flight with the 15th Air Force - Keith W. Mason - Google Books

?

Thank you Smitty,
    Your info shared is very much appreciated.

Take care
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

BAM!
    $37
    Winner Winner RIGHT HERE!!!!
    Should be here on the 29th.
    It is 48 " in length, So another wearable item!!!

Thank you again Smitty for your help.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Phil,

That is actually a very good price for a complete set.. They normally will be in the $75 and upward range...

Well done

Smitty

?

Smitty, That makes my day even better. Thank you Sir.
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 11-20-2019 at 11:12 PM.