Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

US Camoflauge in Europe?

Article about: Hi Rene as to the army patt of your HBTs you are correct they were only worn in the ETO for a very short time and there were very few manufactured and distributed .So they are considered qui

?

Default Re: US Camoflauge in Europe?

Hi Rene as to the army patt of your HBTs you are correct they were only worn in the ETO for a very short time and there were very few manufactured and distributed .So they are considered quite rare and a prized possesion by many collectors state side I do remember seeing a combat shirt in this pattern selling on Ebay earlier in the year for a staggering amount.
    If I remember correctly it fetched near $800.00 US at auction and the condition was only fair a very nice set of trousers you have there Rene in that condition it would not surprise me if they raised at least that much at auction.

Regards Mark K

Default Re: US Camoflauge in Europe?

In Stephen Ambrose's book 'Band of Brothers' ( and the mini-series and Richard Winters own book ) there is a story of one soldier Floyd Talbert being bayoneted by one of their own men because he had a German "poncho" ( a zeltbahn ) on and the soldier mistook him for a kraut when he dozed off and Tab tried to wake him in his foxhole ........ the moral? ....the other side's gear is always better but so is the friendly fire risk!!
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3