Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

US M42 Paratrooper jump jacket original??

Article about: Hi all, i found a m42 us para jacket online, i am considering purchasing it, it is described as original 82nd airborne. The jacket looks to have age however i am not 100% sure. The patches l

Default US M42 Paratrooper jump jacket original??

Hi all, i found a m42 us para jacket online, i am considering purchasing it, it is described as original 82nd airborne. The jacket looks to have age however i am not 100% sure. The patches looks like post war additions to me. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
    Harry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US M42 Paratrooper jump jacket original??   US M42 Paratrooper jump jacket original??  

US M42 Paratrooper jump jacket original??   US M42 Paratrooper jump jacket original??  

US M42 Paratrooper jump jacket original??   US M42 Paratrooper jump jacket original??  

?

It appears to be original. Very well worn. It has the right kind of zipper.
    The collar has been stitched all around. The belt is missing and I believe you are right about the patches being a later addition.
    With the condition of the jacket with added patches it depends on the price but I believe it is a WW II Airborne jump jacket. These are getting hard to find.

Hi, The price is £500 at the moment, is that a good price? I would remove the patches as I doubt the authenticity, I would be happy just to have the original jacket alone. What what be a good price for one of these?

Cheers
    Harry

?

Yes that is a very good price. 750 pounds would be a good price.

The seller says there is no label present in any of the pockets because it was removed long ago. And I have asked if he will accept returns if proved not to be authentic and he is evasive only saying he guarantees it to be original.

?

An original M42 jump jacket. Patches look to be ww2 era, but it's hard to say when they may have been added.

I am very tempted to buy it, he says the main zip is Conmar and both knife pocket zips are serval, do you guys think it is worth buying, his unwillingness to accept returns is putting me off.

Cheers
    Harry