Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

US made Battledress Blouse Pattern 1937 (serge)?

Article about: Hello, a very good friend of mine bought battledress blouse. It has all stamps from Czechoslovak Army that introduced a few years after WWII battledresses into the Army. BTW our units as the

Default US made Battledress Blouse Pattern 1937 (serge)?

Hello, a very good friend of mine bought battledress blouse. It has all stamps from Czechoslovak Army that introduced a few years after WWII battledresses into the Army. BTW our units as the Eastern Front as Western Front used these uniforms regularly. The question is if somebody can clarify the Battledress blouse that has all aspects of BD Blouse Pattern 1937 (Serge) but the type of material is something as barathea wool and you can see common things from US war aid made Battledresses for UK - O.D.W.A. You can see that the fabric label was removed but that is all. Also at the buttons you can read Canadian Buttons Motreal but I am not sure about that if it is Canadian BD even the buttons are Canadians. I better can see the BD as US production one.US made Battledress Blouse Pattern 1937 (serge)?US made Battledress Blouse Pattern 1937 (serge)?US made Battledress Blouse Pattern 1937 (serge)?US made Battledress Blouse Pattern 1937 (serge)?US made Battledress Blouse Pattern 1937 (serge)?US made Battledress Blouse Pattern 1937 (serge)?
    Last edited by Ltmoravcuk; 11-27-2012 at 07:02 PM.

Default Re: US made Battledress Blouse Pattern 1937 (serge)?

Can you repost the 3 other pictures showing the interior and the markings as they are only very small and cannot aid in answering your question?

US war aid BD's have two labels in them so unless you can see where two have been removed, it is not US
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi, certainly not US made. US War Aid Battledress was not made with pleated pockets.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Bond View Post
    Can you repost the 3 other pictures showing the interior and the markings as they are only very small and cannot aid in answering your question?

US war aid BD's have two labels in them so unless you can see where two have been removed, it is not US
    Hello Bond, I have amended my data. I do not have better pictures at the moment but I can ask my friend to send to me more if necessary. Anyways thank you for any help.

Canadian BD's have an inkstamp and no label, but you can see a removed label, so it might be British or Australian or S. African, but neither of them have lined collars so pre austrity 40 pattern British is most likely, but better pics are needed to be certain, as post war Greek BD's look very similar.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.