Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

US Marines Jacket

Article about: Name: Malcolm R Bush Muster Date: Jan 1947 Rank:Private First Class Station: Marine Barracks, Naval Proving Ground, Dahlgren, Virginia

Default US Marines Jacket

Hello, this US Marine Corps jacket has arrived today. It was extremely cheap (£13.50) and in mint condition, with a march 45 contract date. I am very impressed with the quality, its really superb wool. I know nothing about USMC uniform and am wondering if anyone has any good reference pictures showing the complete uniform, I would like to know which shirt, cap, collar badges etc. go with it if anyone can help me. I have done an internet search but cant really find sufficiently good pictures.

Many thanks, Doug
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Marines Jacket   US Marines Jacket  

US Marines Jacket   US Marines Jacket  

US Marines Jacket   US Marines Jacket  

?

Nice EM jacket, Doug. Not much else to it other than adding period, EM collar EGA's (photos below). You could add a ribbon bar, however without knowing this Marine's service history, you would basically be guessing. The only other missing item would be a period EM Cover.

Looks as though the jacket is named to an M R Bush. Looking through the muster rolls on Ancestry, there are three Marines with that name:

Malcolm R Bush
    Marshall R Bush
    Marvin R Bush

Unfortunately, I cancelled my subscription with Ancestry and am unable to see the ranks in the muster rolls to scale down the above list.

As for photos, USMF has tons of examples. Just do a Google search under the forum and there are quite a few original examples of EM uniforms. Or, you can click the link below:

https://www.google.com/search?q=usmi...w=1371&bih=690

US Marines Jacket

US Marines Jacket

?

[QUOTE=douglas2496;1096639]Hello, this US Marine Corps jacket has arrived today. It was extremely cheap (£13.50) and in mint condition, with a march 45 contract date. I am very impressed with the quality, its really superb wool. I know nothing about USMC uniform and am wondering if anyone has any good reference pictures showing the complete uniform, I would like to know which shirt, cap, collar badges etc. go with it if anyone can help me. I have done an internet search but cant really find sufficiently good pictures.

Your jacket is missing the belt. Probable reason for being cheap.

Hi Douglas, futher to Eric's reply. I am on Ancestry, just re-newed my subs last week.

Malcolm R Bush fits. The rank of PFC is correct. The other two guys had the wrong rank. He joined up Oct '45.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks, Ade. There is a Malcolm R Bush in the SSDI file that fits the profile. Would have been 18 when he signed up. Unfortunately, no info on this individuals military career so no way to confirm they are one in the same.

Given Name: Malcolm
    Middle Name: R
    Surname: Bush
    Birth Date: 14 June 1927
    Social Security Number: 361-20-4912
    State: Illinois
    Last Place of Residence: Scottsdale, Maricopa, Arizona
    Previous Residence Postal Code: 85254
    Event Date: September 1995

If Ade is willing to, he should be able to pull the first muster roll the individual he identified appears in and it may list the enlistment location. If it says Illinois, then we may have a match. The muster roll should also provide his service number. Between that and the info I provided, you can submit a request for his service record using SF-180 (link below).

http://www.archives.gov/research/ord...d-form-180.pdf

My guess, however, is it may not return much under the assumption Pvt. Bush didn't continue his military career beyond his initial enlistment.

There's some great information here guys and I really appreciate the responses.

Name: Malcolm R Bush

Muster Date: Oct 1945

Station: Sixth Recruit Battalion, Recruit Depot, M. B., Parris Island, S.C.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Marines Jacket  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Name:

Malcolm R Bush

Muster Date: Apr 1946

Station: Marine Barracks, Naval Proving Ground, Dahlgren, Virginia

Muster Date: Jul 1946

Station: Marine Barracks, Naval Proving Ground, Dahlgren, Virginia.

Muster Date: Jul 1946

Station: Rifle Range Detachment, Marine Barracks, Quantico, Virginia.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast