Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

US Officer Jacket - Worth it?

Article about: Hey everyone. Local guy has this for sale. I have as yet to see it. Here's his description: Officer's olive-drab jacket (also called a blouse) from WWII. It belonged to a Lt Colonel as it ha

Default US Officer Jacket - Worth it?

Hey everyone.

Local guy has this for sale. I have as yet to see it.

Here's his description:

Officer's olive-drab jacket (also called a blouse) from WWII. It belonged to a Lt Colonel as it has the oak leaves on the shoulders. It is in good condition. However, it is missing two buttons. It is a small size with a 38" chest. It is authentic not a remake. It belonged to Lt. Colonel Edward V Huth, He fought in both WWI & WWII. I could not find a label in the jacket. The patch is for the Fifth Air Force division.

He wants $40USD for it. Should I offer less, or is it even worth it? Is it period correct? I want to add some Allied WWII items to my growing collection.

Sorry pics aren't the best.

Thanks!

US Officer Jacket - Worth it?US Officer Jacket - Worth it?

?

It is worth the money.

Great price. I highly suggest you purchase it.

A fine looking tunic that is well worth the asking price. A 38 is not that small on this side of the pond either!! Leon (in the UK).

?

You can always haggle a little, just to get that "Oh Yeah" feeling. But that is a good price. You would pay that just for a set of good AAF lapel pins and his LtCol insignia.. I don't think it would be hard to find replacement buttons.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

I would be all over it for $40. The buttons are easy to find and that's some nice bullion overseas bars. I'm also partial to the 5th AAF patch.

The buttons missing appear to be one brass and one plastic. Usually there is a plastic one under the belt buckle.

Huge bonus that it's named as well!
    Last edited by aurelius180; 07-19-2015 at 02:58 AM.

Great price

Thanks everyone. I'll go get it tomorrow! Much appreciated!

Let us know how it works out. The pics aren't great and I'm looking at it on my phone but that looks like a Philippine Defense ribbon.

Quote by aurelius180 View Post
    Let us know how it works out. The pics aren't great and I'm looking at it on my phone but that looks like a Philippine Defense ribbon.
    Went great. Guy is in Germany on an archaeological dig. Met up with his parents and they hooked me up. I guess I missed a large part of his collection that he already sold off. Mostly Russian from what they told me. He has another coat, but I didn't pick it up. It's the blue one. Wonder if I should pick this one up too.. I don't know enough about it. What do you guys think? It's a 50's/60's jacket made in Japan I was told.

Here's some more pics. Let me know what you think. There is some mothing, but nothing huge, probably 5 or so small holes.

US Officer Jacket - Worth it?US Officer Jacket - Worth it?US Officer Jacket - Worth it?US Officer Jacket - Worth it?US Officer Jacket - Worth it?US Officer Jacket - Worth it?US Officer Jacket - Worth it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast