MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

USAAF 14th "flying tigers" uniform

Article about: Hello everyone, I was able to score this 14th air division uniform, has the division patch, CBI, and Sterling flight wings. the ribbons that were attached were in the wrong order/the wrong o

?

Default USAAF 14th "flying tigers" uniform

Hello everyone, I was able to score this 14th air division uniform, has the division patch, CBI, and Sterling flight wings. the ribbons that were attached were in the wrong order/the wrong ones so I'm working on getting a replacement ribbon bar. As always let me know what you think
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USAAF 14th "flying tigers" uniform   USAAF 14th "flying tigers" uniform  

USAAF 14th "flying tigers" uniform   USAAF 14th "flying tigers" uniform  

USAAF 14th "flying tigers" uniform   USAAF 14th "flying tigers" uniform  

?

The pictures uploaded in the wrong order
    Does anyone know how to prevent this from happening again?

I like it, looks nice regardless.

?

Thanks Rene, i'm definitely happy with it!
    Wally

?

Very Nice Wally.
    Congrats on adding that to your collection.
    Only 64 names for that laundry number B-0765 if you wish to research.

Search Results - Page 1 | WWII US Army Enlistment Records

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Thanks Phil, I knew one could research individuals based on the laundry number but I wasn't sure how to. You've definitely helped me out a lot

?

Well I'm glad to hear it.
    I post the link in the hopes it does get Saved To Your Fav's!!!
    I thought it was a link I had to have and share
    Good Luck in your search and Please share your findings.
    I love to hear Happy Ending's!!!

The great thing about your stamp is it gives his first initial and that will help narrow it down.

I just counted and that is only 6 names to research. From 64 to 6.
    That should make it easy. Well kind of. Your lucky on that one!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 06-03-2020 at 05:25 AM. Reason: Added comment

?

Well so far the only name I could find on the roster has been Robert Brown from the 23rd fighter squadron. However the U.S. Enlistment records state that he was African-American. I don't believe the 14th air division was desegregated at the time but could their be an explanation for this? Or do I have the wrong Robert Brown?

Wally,

Just a suggestion.. Don't replace the ribbons or the order they are in.. In many cases the order of precedence did not matter to the individual. I am presuming that this was how the Soldier placed the ribbons on his uniform when he received them. There was not too much of an emphasis on order and the order of precedence we know today for US military decorations is much different from WW2. Bronze Stars and Purple Hearts for example had a different order of precedence and significance in WW2.

If I were you I would not replace of move the ribbons.. but it is your choice..

I have several uniforms that were given to me directly by the veterans who wore the uniforms at the end of WW2 and then put them in the closet, trunk, duffel bag, etc. and never wore them again. When they gave them to me it was just as if they took them off yesterday but in reality it had been 40, 50, 60 years prior.. Personally for me I don't touch the uniform after it was handed to me even if I know the ribbons are out of place.. The last person to place the ribbons on the uniform was the veteran an that's how I want to preserve them.. But again just my thoughts.. It is your uniform to do with it what you please...

The uniform is very nice and just for your information it is the 14th Air Force not Air Division..

Best regards

Smitty

?

thank you for your input Rakkasan, I didn't think about it that way, I'll leave them on how they are now. And thanks for the correction regarding the name.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast