Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

USAAF B3 Flight Jacket x2

Article about: Rene Unfortunate about the certificate. Examples such as this have taught me to purchase the item and never the "fluff" that comes with it. For what it's worth, you have an iconic

Default USAAF B3 Flight Jacket x2

G'Day All

Here's my two, not in the best nick. Aero Leather NY
    Due to the leather treatments of B3 and related trousers etc.. these are extremely rare to be in mint condition.
    Both are local flea market finds many years ago

Default Re: USAAF B3 Flight Jacket x2

Very nice I think they are very rare regardless Ive been looking for one for some time, Nice Colonel insignia! All ive found are in rag shape sell for over 400$.... -Ben

Hi, Rene

Very nice flight jacket! Am I correct in thinking that there are bibs/pants in leather that go with this jacket? I recently saw a pair and didn't think of having it. My mistake! I will have to look to see if it's still there If I can obtain it, I'll post it and if you like it.....maybe we can arrange to have them reunite!?

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

I like them both Rene thanks for showing mate.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    Hi, Rene

Very nice flight jacket! Am I correct in thinking that there are bibs/pants in leather that go with this jacket? I recently saw a pair and didn't think of having it. My mistake! I will have to look to see if it's still there If I can obtain it, I'll post it and if you like it.....maybe we can arrange to have them reunite!?

Green
    Would be nice as I have been ripped off by Manions selling me a rotten set A5 with a photocopy claim it was from "12 O'clock High"----- Never again I will deal with them

I put gaffer tape and sewed problems but it's too far gone
    Last edited by reneblacky; 01-15-2012 at 07:54 AM.

Rene

Do you mean this is not a good jacket? Please forgive my ignorance, as I don't know anything about these flight suits. What is the difference between "12 o'clock high" and A5? I think I remember reading "type b4" on the pants I mentioned. I will go look at them tomorrow and grab a few photos.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Rene

Do you mean this is not a good jacket? Please forgive my ignorance, as I don't know anything about these flight suits. What is the difference between "12 o'clock high" and A5? I think I remember reading "type b4" on the pants I mentioned. I will go look at them tomorrow and grab a few photos.

Green
    Ahh "12 o'clock high" is a late 40's movie starring Gregory Peck A3 and A5 sets are the mate for a B3
    I'm not sure a B4 other than a clothing suit case existed but I could be wrong
    Last edited by reneblacky; 01-16-2012 at 03:07 AM. Reason: added text

Rene

Green
    You've inspired me to post my Aussie made B4

Rene

LOL I'll be laughing about not knowing that 12 o'clock high is a movie. At my age, (4 decades young) I would expect to know that.

I will check, tomorrow, on the pants.

So you thought the jacket was from the movie? But it is authentic WW2? Sorry to hear about your dilemma, but not a loss.

Green

Rene

LOL I'll be laughing about not knowing that 12 o'clock high is a movie. At my age, (4 decades young) I would expect to know that.

I will check, tomorrow, on the pants.

So you thought the jacket was from the movie? But it is authentic WW2? Sorry to hear about your dilemma, but not a loss.

Green
    Yeah absolutely WW2 dry rotten the A5's but I doubt the certificate was real

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast