Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

USMC Campaign Hat and Uniform

Article about: I picked this set up at auction for a good price and I'm posting it for any opinions and comments. This is not my area of collecting so I'm not really sure if it's a proper setup for WWII er

?

Default USMC Campaign Hat and Uniform

I picked this set up at auction for a good price and I'm posting it for any opinions and comments. This is not my area of collecting so I'm not really sure if it's a proper setup for WWII era. It looked so good on the mannequin I couldn't pass it up. The tunic / jacket had the chevrons removed unfortunately.

Thanks , Al

USMC Campaign Hat and UniformUSMC Campaign Hat and Uniform
    USMC Campaign Hat and UniformUSMC Campaign Hat and UniformUSMC Campaign Hat and UniformUSMC Campaign Hat and UniformUSMC Campaign Hat and UniformUSMC Campaign Hat and UniformUSMC Campaign Hat and UniformUSMC Campaign Hat and UniformUSMC Campaign Hat and UniformUSMC Campaign Hat and UniformUSMC Campaign Hat and Uniform

?

Here it is squeezed into my limited display area

USMC Campaign Hat and UniformUSMC Campaign Hat and Uniform

Love the JB Stetson

?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Love the JB Stetson
    Thanks, I brushed the dust off and took it out for a few more pics.

Great uniform..

There are several Byrum's listed in Marine Corps Muster rolls.. With a little work it could possibly produce a positive hit.. What was the location of the auction to narrow the search down to at least a state as a start point...

Smitty

?

Hello Smitty, it came out of Findlay Ohio. I must say I bid on it on a whim and even had buyers remorse until it arrived. It now has a prominent place in my collection.

Thanks, Al

Al,

Let me see what I can stir up, with your permission of course...

Smitty

?

Thanks Smiity I appreciate the effort and input.

Regards, Al

MAP
    ?

Great Stetson and uniform. You did well.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Stetson doesn't go with the uniform, it was married up...

Emblem on the cover is the P1916, used during WWI from 1916 to about 1920. Additionally, the 'squirrel nuts' are only worn by officers, not enlisted.

Further, aside from marksmanship instructors, the campaign cover was phased out of the Marine Corps during WWII due to felt shortages. The cover returned post-war for marksmanship instructors and competitors, and later following the 1956 Ribbon Creek incident it was adopted for use by male drill instructors, with the final big change being in 1995 when female drill instructors were authorized to wear it.

Ribbons appear to be put together, or some missing, as well. The Marine should have, at a minimum, an American Campaign medal, and most likely an Asiatic Pacific Campaign Medal. Navy Commendation ribbons were pretty much awarded for combat distinguishing acts exclusively during the war with enlisted Marines. As a scarce and high award during that era, I would expect the NavCom to be in the front or separately on top of the stack, not sandwiched between a WWII Victory and foreign award. Have you checked the uniform for a name? Regulations at the time required Marines to mark inside the left sleeve near the shoulder

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast