MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

USMC Shirt

Article about: G'day all I was just going through my junk pile and rediscovered this one, is it a WW2 type or a 50's or later type? It's always been stored with my post war pile Thanks in advance

Default USMC Shirt

G'day all

I was just going through my junk pile and rediscovered this one, is it a WW2 type or a 50's or later type? It's always been stored with my post war pile
    Thanks in advance

?

I believe this one is post ww2 50s the chevron are definitely postwar, also the ww2 shirts the pocket are much more pointed

Quote by gel65 View Post
    I believe this one is post ww2 50s the chevron are definitely postwar, also the ww2 shirts the pocket are much more pointed
    Cheers Mate, as I suspected

I forgot I had this one so they will go well together

hi just saw this post, if i remember rightly the crossed rifles came into use around 1955-56

Quote by gunnerjohn View Post
    hi just saw this post, if i remember rightly the crossed rifles came into use around 1955-56
    Cheers Gunnerjohn and welcome aboard Mate, I'm not sure but you could be right? this Vandegrift is 53/54 dated, so the rank insignia could have been added after this mfg date?

hi, nice Vande. yes they should go well together, the marines are well known to keep using older stuff with updated rank insignia, i assume the EGA are period.

Quote by gunnerjohn View Post
    hi, nice Vande. yes they should go well together, the marines are well known to keep using older stuff with updated rank insignia, i assume the EGA are period.
    Yep they are of the fouled variety

cool.be really nice if you had some trousers to go with them,oh and don't forget the sand scarf, lol!