MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

USN enlisted mans class A dress uniform (Jumper )

Article about: Afternoon Gents I have had this US enlisted mans jumper (Dress blues) in my collection for some time I pulled it out a few days ago and was trying to date it and have had some success well a

?

Default USN enlisted mans class A dress uniform (Jumper )

Afternoon Gents I have had this US enlisted mans jumper (Dress blues) in my collection for some time I pulled it out a few days ago and was trying to date it and have had some success well at least I have narrowed it down some but still can not put a definite age to this jumper I do know from my research .
    According to Jeff Warner's book US Navy Uniforms and Insignia 1943-46 Vol 5 states that embroidered labels with Navy Clothing Factory were used from the late 1930s to 1943 with the later ones adding a line for Name and for Rate. In 1943 they switched to the same label but printed not embroidered. In 1944 they added the size and 100% Wool to the label. In 1945 they changed them to Naval Clothing Depot. As with everything in the military, things that are still in the supply system are issued so the older style labels were still issued well after these dates. These are the dated when the manufacturing changed.
    There is no mention as to when they stopped using this particular label so I can not date this Jumper positively to a late war piece (1945) or is it post war manufactured there are other white ink marks on the interior of the Jumper as well as the sailors name on the tag but unfortunately they are to faded to make out does any one with a little more experiance with US naval items have any thoughts on this piece as late war or post war issue.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USN enlisted mans class A dress uniform (Jumper )   USN enlisted mans class A dress uniform (Jumper )  

USN enlisted mans class A dress uniform (Jumper )   USN enlisted mans class A dress uniform (Jumper )  

USN enlisted mans class A dress uniform (Jumper )   USN enlisted mans class A dress uniform (Jumper )