Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

USN Shirt WW2

Article about: No problem Rene, always glad to help. That is a AM Aviation Structural Mechanic rating.

Default USN Shirt WW2

G'day All

I have just acquired this one today and have no idea on the insignia
    Anybody there to help?
    is it carrier based?

Default Re: USN Shirt WW2

René, that is a AZ Aviation Maintenance Administrationman's rate insignia. The owner could have been carrier or shore based, stateside or overseas.

Rich

?

Along with what radonovan said the "shirt" is refered to as a watch jumper when it does not have the 3 stripes and 2 stars on the flap and an open unbuttoned cuff. The blue ones were working or "watch" jumpers above deck in colder areas. Dungarees ( denim ) for tropical climes. During WWII and just after, the 3 rank designations of E1, E2, and E3 were indicated by the number of corresponding stripes on the cuff of dress jumpers rather than a 3 stripe sleeve patch as shown on the watch jumper. If you were working in a certain designation such as aviation boatswains mate etc. you wore a patch similar to the one under the 3 stripes shown on the watch jumper , commonly referred to as a strikers patch. They were also worn on the lower right sleeve of the blue and white dress jumpers.
    Damn I sure got wordy when I was just going to post a short comment.

Quote by radonovan View Post
    René, that is a AZ Aviation Maintenance Administrationman's rate insignia. The owner could have been carrier or shore based, stateside or overseas.

Rich
    Thank You kindly Rich

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Along with what radonovan said the "shirt" is refered to as a watch jumper when it does not have the 3 stripes and 2 stars on the flap and an open unbuttoned cuff. The blue ones were working or "watch" jumpers above deck in colder areas. Dungarees ( denim ) for tropical climes. During WWII and just after, the 3 rank designations of E1, E2, and E3 were indicated by the number of corresponding stripes on the cuff of dress jumpers rather than a 3 stripe sleeve patch as shown on the watch jumper. If you were working in a certain designation such as aviation boatswains mate etc. you wore a patch similar to the one under the 3 stripes shown on the watch jumper , commonly referred to as a strikers patch. They were also worn on the lower right sleeve of the blue and white dress jumpers.
    Damn I sure got wordy when I was just going to post a short comment.
    Great Work on your short note SteveR

One more I can't identify

Storekeeper!

Quote by radonovan View Post
    Storekeeper!
    Thanks again Rich USN is definitely not one of my strong points even though I still collect whatever comes my way

You're welcome René. I'm always glad to help if and when I can.

One more Guys as I've said I have no clue

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast