Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Vietnam War Australian soldier display

Article about: Hello all, I have been working on this one lately. Besides the US helmet and machete, everything thing is period (1966-71) Australian made with arrow markings. The boots and boonie cap have

Default Vietnam War Australian soldier display

Hello all,

I have been working on this one lately. Besides the US helmet and machete, everything thing is period (1966-71) Australian made with arrow markings. The boots and boonie cap have no date and may be more modern. Still a work in progress; currently looking for some SLR pouches and suspenders. Aussie soldiers usually had a few canteens so will get some more. The 1950's made P37 pouches are still quite accurate, although most likely balcoed green, these pouches still certainly saw action in Nam. I need to find larger trousers for the giant 6'3 mannequin and work on my camo skills

Thanks for looking
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Vietnam War Australian soldier display   Vietnam War Australian soldier display  

Vietnam War Australian soldier display   Vietnam War Australian soldier display  

Vietnam War Australian soldier display  
    Last edited by christek; 06-24-2014 at 06:57 AM.

CBH
    ?

I've got a sheath for that machete , 1969 marked . Too bad the postage would be so crazy from Canada or we could have done some trading . Nice display .
    Cheers Chris

?

You are off to a good start there Chris. Fortunately most of the Vn equipment is not too hard or expensive to get hold of. Do you have the book Saddle Up by Rick Landers? It has good photos of this sort of thing.

Oz.

Great stuff Chris,can't believe how much room you have there,wish i had space like that,luv the tall dude with all the trimmings,think you've done a grand job,well done mate............

I've got a sheath for that machete , 1969 marked . Too bad the postage would be so crazy from Canada or we could have done some trading . Nice display .
    Many thanks mate. Yes that would go nicely. Yes it's a real shame about the recent price hike for postage from the US and Canada. It has certainly hit our hobby hard in regards to helmets and other bulky collectables. Cheers

Ubique
    You are off to a good start there Chris. Fortunately most of the Vn equipment is not too hard or expensive to get hold of. Do you have the book Saddle Up by Rick Landers? It has good photos of this sort of thing.
    Thanks Oz. Yes the gear is certainly not too dear or exceedingly rare. It is great history to research and display! Probably a good long term investment

ruddersrangers44
    Great stuff Chris,can't believe how much room you have there,wish i had space like that,luv the tall dude with all the trimmings,think you've done a grand job,well done mate....
    Much appreciated Jake! Yeh picked up two big lads recently, they were old surf shop mannequins. I like them although their big feet and hard hair make boots and hats hard to display. We have a bit of room here but my collection is still cornered, packed under beds and the like; I wish I could set up all my 'treasures' in one large room. They are all taken up by kids at the moment!

Best wishes gentlemen
    Last edited by christek; 06-24-2014 at 08:03 AM.

Cool display, well done mate!...