Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Vietnam war USAF shirt

Article about: Hi again, I found this shirt at the thrift shop can anyone stamp a date on this or tell me what it is exactly. I think it is from Vietnam or around that time. The tag said: SHIRT, MAN'S COTT

Default Vietnam war USAF shirt

Hi again, I found this shirt at the thrift shop can anyone stamp a date on this or tell me what it is exactly. I think it is from Vietnam or around that time.

The tag said:
    SHIRT, MAN'S COTTON
    SATEEN, OLIVE GREEN
    SHADE 107
    DSA-1-4850
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Vietnam war USAF shirt   Vietnam war USAF shirt  

Vietnam war USAF shirt   Vietnam war USAF shirt  

Vietnam war USAF shirt   Vietnam war USAF shirt  

?

Without the full code it is impossible to tell the exact date, seems as if the code was washed out. In my opinion this one appears to be Vietnam era or before

?

Being prior Air Force and seeing this style of rank before - in my opinion - this is exactly the "time frame." It's a Technical Sargent stripe and is what I have known for the "era." It can be said 60's - 70's... AF wore these style cammies even in the early 80's.. Tag looks consistent with what I have seen for 60-70's era blouses, as they were most commonly "tucked in."

Maybe someone else will be able to "pin point" a year.. Should be plenty of guys on here that actually wore that!...

Quote by gel65 View Post
    Without the full code it is impossible to tell the exact date, seems as if the code was washed out. In my opinion this one appears to be Vietnam era or before
    There seems to be no trace of fading in the contract date but it is not a usual shirt, dis you see the blood stain?

Quote by gel65 View Post
    Hi , these are not my usual area but I seem to recall that these US shirts with the "smaller/flatter" buttons such as this one date from the fifties into the early sixties , so that could quite easily make this a Vietnam era shirt. Leon.