Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WAAF Service dress tunic

Article about: I know WW2 womens uniforms can sometimes fetch crazy price but this one must be a new record for a enlisted WAAF tunic Vtg 1942 40s WW2 WAAF RAF airforce dress jacket on eBay (end time 08-Ap

Default WAAF Service dress tunic

I know WW2 womens uniforms can sometimes fetch crazy price but this one must be a new record for a enlisted WAAF tunic

Vtg 1942 40s WW2 WAAF RAF airforce dress jacket on eBay (end time 08-Apr-11 21:31:55 BST)

Default re: WAAF Service dress tunic

I know! My wife and I were both shocked at the price realised.

Simply not worth that kind of money. But that is good old E Bay for you....

Cheers, Ade.
    Attached Images Attached Images WAAF Service dress tunic 

Default Re: WAAF Service dress tunic

Perhaps I should put mine on. But thinking about it I could not sell it, when I was given this one it came with a men's dress jacket as well they belonged to a man and wife who got married during the war I can't part them now.
    Attached Images Attached Images WAAF Service dress tunic  WAAF Service dress tunic 

Hi Joseph, you are right. It would be a crying shame to split up a husband and wife group. The odds are another jacket will never make that kind of money again, more than likely down to two people bidding and now one has a jacket the bidding war won't happen again.

Nice tunic.

Cheers, Ade.

While not near as high even the 3rd and 4th highest bidders were throwing in serious amount. There was other WAAF tunics sold before and after within days that are just as good so what made this one so special? If it had special provenances or an important film prop I can understand but there is no mention of this? Maybe it was worn by a WAAF in that Doctor Who episode with the Daleks in khaki