Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

War Aid Battledress Blouse, R.A.S.C.

Article about: I have just acquired this nice War Aid Battledress Blouse. The accompanying photograph and notes from the family state: T/10699805, Cpl Farr, H.J. NCO Release (Dept) H.Q. 934 Tpt Coy, RASC (

Default War Aid Battledress Blouse, R.A.S.C.

I have just acquired this nice War Aid Battledress Blouse.

The accompanying photograph and notes from the family state:

T/10699805, Cpl Farr, H.J.
    NCO Release (Dept) H.Q.
    934 Tpt Coy, RASC (ACA); C-M-F
    Acting I/C Administration Section and Chief Clerk for Company

I am unsure what some of the terminology means: 'ACA' and C-M-F and certainly have no idea what Division 934 Tpt Coy was attached to.

The threads below the R.A.S.C. title may indicate that a formation patch has been removed. I am in two minds about whether to reinstate the correct patches or leave 'as is'.

Harry John Farr (02.06.1922 – 14.04.2011) joined the R.A.S.C. on 14.05.1942 and served in North Africa and Italy.

As always, comments and advice are gladly received.

Martin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture War Aid Battledress Blouse, R.A.S.C.   War Aid Battledress Blouse, R.A.S.C.  

War Aid Battledress Blouse, R.A.S.C.   War Aid Battledress Blouse, R.A.S.C.  

Very nice BD. Needs nothing adding to it.

CMF = Central Mediterranean Forces.

ACA. = Army Cataloguing Authority

Cheers, Ade
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Nice BD I would leave as is ,nice you have the guys details

Very very fine example.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks for your opinions and advice guys.

Martin

brigsy
    ?

Apologies but just seen this thread. In relation to 934 Company, A.C.A. means Allied Commision Austria.
    My Father served with 934 Company from approx 9th Nov 1945 to the 25th Feb 1946 being based in the stable block in the grounds of Schonbrunn Palace, Vienna and I have a copy of the unit War diary.
    The Company formed in Hammersmith, London on 1st May 1945 and travelled via Liverpool to Naples arriving on the 14th of that month. They then remained in Rome until the 24th August before moving up to Vienna arriving at their new base Schonbrunn on the 31st. The War diary covers the period from formation up to the the end of June 1946.
    Hope this is of interest to you.

?

The b&w photo would also tend to support this soldier continuing on into the immediate postwar years. Prior to May, 1945, there were no ribbons for campaign stars other than the 1939/45 Star and Africa Star. The Italy Star came about just after VE-Day with (my presumption) some delay before ribbons were available for distribution.

Nice blouse for a vet with service in the MTO.

?

Does anyone know why the lanyard is white (clerk for a particular branch of the RASC?) or am I mistaken thinking the RASC wore dark blue and yellow?

Tony