Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Welch regiment Welsh div BD & trousers

Article about: Just won these on ebay for a bargain price, so these are the sellers pics. Both 49 pattern, 53 dated on the BD and 55 dated on the trousers and a good size for both, 13 on the BD and 11 on t

Default Welch regiment Welsh div BD & trousers

Just won these on ebay for a bargain price, so these are the sellers pics. Both 49 pattern, 53 dated on the BD and 55 dated on the trousers and a good size for both, 13 on the BD and 11 on the trousers. Nice to see it with its original titles, formation flashes, welsh cloth tape on the right shoulder strap which is correct in only having it on that side, 3 colour lanyard on the left side, but sadly missing one of its collar badges which were only worn on BD's during this period and the missing one should be easy to replace. Even post war regimental badged BD's are not cheap so this was a real good find IMHO.
    Attached Images Attached Images Welch regiment Welsh div BD & trousers  Welch regiment Welsh div BD & trousers  Welch regiment Welsh div BD & trousers  Welch regiment Welsh div BD & trousers  Welch regiment Welsh div BD & trousers 
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Default Re: Welch regiment Welsh div BD & trousers

Pity about the collar badge missing, but it looks like the tunic is in very good condition. Nice pick up.

Tom

Hi Jerry, they look like a nice purchase. It is good to see 49 pattern BD's coming to be appreciated.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by StuG III View Post
    Pity about the collar badge missing, but it looks like the tunic is in very good condition. Nice pick up.

Tom
    Thanks tom,I am pleased with them and they do from the pictures appear to be in good condition. I already know where to buy a replacement set of collar badges.
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Jerry, they look like a nice purchase. It is good to see 49 pattern BD's coming to be appreciated.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks Ade. I think that untouched regimental badged examples always had a reasonable value which is only going up these days.
    Regards,

Jerry

Arrived today and in nearly perfect condition, with no moth holes or other damage apart from the missing collar badge. The collar and the rank stars are very worn and polished, so it was well looked after.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Welch regiment Welsh div BD & trousers   Welch regiment Welsh div BD & trousers  

Welch regiment Welsh div BD & trousers   Welch regiment Welsh div BD & trousers  

Welch regiment Welsh div BD & trousers   Welch regiment Welsh div BD & trousers  

Regards,

Jerry

Great stuff Jerry, very nice!

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    Great stuff Jerry, very nice!
    Thanks mate, I was very pleased to get this set, just need to find a match for the missing collar.
    Regards,

Jerry

Will it be easier to replace as a set or are you hoping to get one with similar wear?

Tom

Quote by StuG III View Post
    Will it be easier to replace as a set or are you hoping to get one with similar wear?

Tom
    Hi Tom, easier to get a pair, which I have already found, but I would rather get a match for the original, as the pairs I have found are not the same version. Also it would be nice to get a match with the polishing wear if possible.
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast