MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What about this US M41, original? good exchange?

Article about: Hi guys! I have the opportunity of purchase this M41 with the 1st division patch and make a trade for it with this german camo parka in "not the best" conditions: German reversible

Default What about this US M41, original? good exchange?

Hi guys! I have the opportunity of purchase this M41 with the 1st division patch and make a trade for it with this german camo parka in "not the best" conditions:

German reversible parka mouse grey/white - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics

What about this US M41, original? good exchange?What about this US M41, original? good exchange?What about this US M41, original? good exchange?What about this US M41, original? good exchange?What about this US M41, original? good exchange?What about this US M41, original? good exchange?What about this US M41, original? good exchange?What about this US M41, original? good exchange?What about this US M41, original? good exchange?What about this US M41, original? good exchange?What about this US M41, original? good exchange?What about this US M41, original? good exchange?What about this US M41, original? good exchange?What about this US M41, original? good exchange?What about this US M41, original? good exchange?What about this US M41, original? good exchange?What about this US M41, original? good exchange?What about this US M41, original? good exchange?What about this US M41, original? good exchange?What about this US M41, original? good exchange?

What do you think, it's an M41 original? (does it worth the trade?)

Thank you!!

I doubt very much that the stripes are original to the jacket. There is evidence that another patch has been there, and it is easy to see where the patch has been properly (machine) stitched to another tunic at some time. As the same style of stitching has been used to attach the big red 1, it would lead me to think that this is also a later addition to an old repaired jacket. I cannot see that the US Army would ever be in the position that they would need to carry out such repairs on jackets as have been done to this jacket. Of course this is only MY opinion, and I could be totally wrong!

Thank you very much for your reply Harry! Could be the evidence of another patch due to a promotion? (just saying) i mean, if the jacket itself looks original and the patch too, maybe was from a corporal that was promoted to sargent, what do you think?

(i don't know if the patch and jacket are original, that assumption could be if there were original)

I can only tell you what I see. Wait until you get more replies, they may be much different than mine.

Got pictures of the tags? There should be one in the pockets as well, with the date of manufacture.

I asked for them, but the seller tell me that the only tag is the tag of the size.

What about this US M41, original? good exchange?

?

I wouldn't have it.
    Patch is new to jacket. It is to new to have been on it 70 years. rank replaced. I don't believe it the jacket was ever 1st division. The condition of the jacket is not great.
    Somebody has humped it up to move it on.

I would pass as well.

Thank you very much for your opinions guys, i think i'm gonna let it go!
    Thanks!

Do with it as you will. I think that the piece is correct not only in the patches (due to promotion) I think the hand sewing is period correct and the Big Red One patch is correct...........during my time in service (Army 1967-73) I saw hundreds of Big Red One patches and none looked like this one, you can always blacklight the patches and see if they react. I had numerous field jackets and pants repaired when the quartermaster stores were not close by or the acting jack was being a prick and not letting us trade in our old ones for new ones,nowadays you have to buy them I believe. Here are some examples of what period correct Hand looping patches should look like, of course everybody sews a little differently. 1 machine sewen for comparison too (49th). I think it's an original. My 2 cents worth.
    Ramon
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What about this US M41, original? good exchange?   What about this US M41, original? good exchange?  

What about this US M41, original? good exchange?   What about this US M41, original? good exchange?  

What about this US M41, original? good exchange?   What about this US M41, original? good exchange?  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast