Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

What Branch of the Army was this Colonel attached to?

Article about: Hello All, I found this for sale locally, Footlocker with 3 uniforms? Sorry for the pic' its all they are showing. Can anybody make out who this Colonel was attached to? Which Branch of the

?

Still a great looking uniform from what I can see. It also looks like some WWI ribbons

?

I was going to look up his ribbons today to see what he is sporting. I wanted to see where he has been. But hearing it's a Finance guy, I'm not sure I want it. I already have Lt.Col foot locker from a B-29 pilot(Another cool relative on my wife's side of the family). If it was Arty, I would add it because I have that Lt. Col visor to match it up with, But I need to stay focused to complete my AAF collection and build up my B-17 flight crew set up.

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 10-23-2019 at 09:49 PM.

?

Phil a lot of guys started as one thing and ended up somewhere else to get out early . I knew a guy who was a tanker the whole war but transferred to be a cook because they were sending that unit home.

?

I've thought about that and that is why I wanted to see what ribbons he is wearing. That would tell the what and where he has been and possible who he was with to get that ribbon.
    Gary if you know what his ribbons are , Please let me know. I'm Training a Marine on our radar system and hopping back on my PC to look these up. I'm not spooled up on Army ribbons , So I'm doing Wiki and heading to chow soon and continuing training after lunch. I haven't even saved the pic's to my PC yet.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Phil, his ribbons look to me like,
    Silver star?
    WWI Victory medal with one star
    Army of occupation of Germany medal
    American campaign medal
    European-north African-middle east campaign medal
    Victory in WWII medal
    Army of occupation medal
    Korea service medal?

Phil,

The shoulder patch looks to be a Logistical Command patch but I jest can't make out too much of the insignia..

The green ribbon in the second row looks to be Army Commendation from what I can see..

I also see WW1 Victory and WW1 Occupation, WW2 Victory and Occupation, ETO ribbon, and the rest are too blurry to see, but I would suspect that one of them is going to be American Defense (maybe...) and the bottom row a possible Mexican Border service... but again the colors are too blurred..

This is a great uniform.. I am fond of finance, my father was in the finance corps and was with the 7th ID in Korea,,

I will check my Army register and West point register to see if I get anything on J.B Tipton.. I found an Air Force Colonel J.B. Tipton but he was a fighter pilot, and when he received his commission in the Army it was Corps of Engineers Reserves.

Smitty

Smitty

?

No need to check any further. I just checked the listing and it is SOLD. So she didn't wait till I got a chance to look at it.
    So thank you Gent's for chiming in.

So just for my future knowledge. what was the Aiguillette about?

Semper Fi
    Phil

no probs, that put a nail in it!

Phil,

That is the French Fourragere. He may have been awarded that for his WW1 service.. He may have been with the 23rd Infantry Regiment, 2nd Infantry Division or the 3rd Infantry Division (Marne) or...some of the other units that I can't think of off the top of my head.... OR.... A very rare possibility is that he was awarded the Fourragere as an individual decoration... 434 officers and enlisted men of the AEF (American Expeditionary Force) were bestowed that honor.. This decoration is usually reserved for entire units....

Smitty

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2