Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What model Battledress is this?

Article about: This is a WWII BD tunic, Green 4th Cnd Div patches on both sleeves, those first two are WW1 medals, left to right - 1914-1918 British War medal, 1914-1919 Victory medal, General Service meda

3mk
    ?

Default What model Battledress is this?

Hey guys
    Ive recently been offered this Battledress and Im wondering what pattern is it?Is it a wartime pattern or post war?

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images What model Battledress is this? 

Default Re: What model Battledress is this?

Hi Emil, it is 1937 pattern but we would need to see the inside to confirm if wartime, as Canada made these throughout the war and into the post war period.

Cheers, Ade.

3mk
    ?

Hey Ade,I dont think I can get pics of this one since Its on a huge airsoft site (I was trying to find a airsoft mauser).I own a Canadian pattern 49 battledress and it doesnt have the Khaki fabric around the collar unlike this one.Last question Ade can you indentyfy the ribbon bars?

Thanks!!

Hi Emil, I can make out the first two ribbons: WW1 War Medal and WW1 Victory Medal.

Cheers, Ade.

3mk
    ?

Thanks Ade,Im skipping on this one as right now Im trying to collect Polish militaria and get 4 reenactment impressions for my mannequin done (Polish-Soviet war,September Campaign,Home Army,Polish army in the east,and Polish Anti-communist resistance).If anyone`s intrested heres the link for the bd. Capital Airsoft - WW2 Era Style Canadian Tunic.

Hi Emil, I think you will find they are being a bit naughty here. I strongly suspect they have "borrowed" a photo. Look at the text below it:

- Wool
    - Condition is good, may have some small holes or tears
    - Original uniforms dated in the 1950s
    - No insignia included
    - Size 11

Cheers, Ade.

3mk
    ?

Thanks Ade you saved me $60
    You do a great job on the forum

My pleasure

Cheers, Ade.

Looks like some cat put a lot of badges together on one jacket. Looks like it might be Canadian. Kind of looks like WW1 "Canada" Flashes.
    I'm not sure if the last two decorations are Long Service, WW2 or Korea Volunteer...but still, listed as a 1950's tunic with WW1 decorations... with the 4th Canadian Division (Armoured) patch (if Canadian)?
    I would pass.

Hi,the third medal on your origional picture has to be The General Service Medal, awarded from 1918 - 1962...the forth bar is hard to see, i enlarged it on other software, but it is no good...i cant match it with any allied ribbon bars...could it be a foreign award ( just an idea)...but why are thare no awards for ww2...somethings smells rotten..
    Attached Images Attached Images What model Battledress is this? 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast