Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

White Korean War double buckle boots?

Article about: Hello again, While i was searching for some cheap surplus boots to wear during the winter, i stumbled upon a a cheap pair of Korean War white felt arctic double buckle boots. They seem to be

Default White Korean War double buckle boots?

Hello again,

While i was searching for some cheap surplus boots to wear during the winter, i stumbled upon a a cheap pair of Korean War white felt arctic double buckle boots.

White Korean War double buckle boots? White Korean War double buckle boots? White Korean War double buckle boots? White Korean War double buckle boots?

They seem to be made out of white felt and leather, and supposed to have been used in snowy conditions. Made during 1951. The only info i could find was form another fourm, which didnt have much to say about price other than that a guy saw them for sale for $20.

White Double Buckle Boots...Snow Boots - UNIFORMS - U.S. Militaria Forum

I did somehow find out they were called "boots, arctic, felt" if that helps.

So what are these worth? I was thinking if they're common enough/cheap enough, they might make good winter boots with the m43 stlye. However, given my "wear only common militaria rule", if they're too rare, i'd avoid them.

Any help? Thanks!

I certainly would not wear them. These are not common by any means. Buy them for the collection only. I think that quoted price of $20 was a steal...

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

They are common in my area, they are in many surplus stores and used to be 5$ a pair but are up to about 35 so I think you did well.

This is interesting and just shows how regional and International markets can diifer in values. I find this is especially true with US kit (Whereas German stuff the values are Global) here in the Uk you could ask for much more.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I agree most British and Russian items here seem expensive but I see you gents pick them up a lot cheaper, I guess it is simple supply and demand.

Hm, so 35ish? I read somewhere on another fourm (cannot find topic for some reason) that their local surplus store was flooded with unsellable white double buckles. So i wonder what my course of action should be?

If I was still collecting US kit I would happily pay $35 all day long.

If the shipping would not kill it, you could sell them easy in the UK. But shipping now is a killer.

Cheers, Ade.

I would say that there are enough in our area and they are cheap enough to use them for hunting etc, but others might think that to be a sin

Sinner!

If you can afford it, buy a few pairs, wear one and keep the others for a few years as an investment.

Sins are then absolved.

Cheers, Ade.

Hell, it might end up begin cheaper than trying to find a pair of modern desert boots or jungle boots :L