Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

ww1 uniform

Article about: Hi , can any one tell me anything about the uniform i have, i have british army general service buttons kings crown + major crowns to go with it. No name or makers name bespoke ? thanks mac

mac
    ?

Default ww1 uniform

Hi ,
    can any one tell me anything about the uniform i have,
    i have british army general service buttons kings crown + major crowns to go with it.
    No name or makers name bespoke ?
    thanks
    mac
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ww1 uniform   ww1 uniform  

ww1 uniform   ww1 uniform  

Default Re: ww1 uniform

Welcome to the forum. It looks like a Scottish officers Khaki Drill service dress uniform set for use in tropical areas. The Scottish tunics have rounded flaps at the bottom so that they can be worn with a kilt and sporran. I would of thought it is 1930's or early 40's rather than WW1, but I cant date it for sure as Officers uniform dosnt change that much in this period. I can say it lacks the austerity features I would expect of wartime tunics made 1942-44. A nice set of uniform.

mac
    ?

thanks
    douglas, i was going to sell them on e-ay and dont know what to list them as
    ww2 kd scottish uniform ? , i was told when i got them they came from Major Macleod ?
    Thanks
    mac

Yes, I would list at 'Scottish Officers KD Uniform' in the WW2 section.