Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

WW2 1945 British Jungle Greens

Article about: My wife got me a set of ‘Jungle Greens’, slouch hat and other little bits and pieces for Christmas. As I was very good boy this year I got two battledress blouses. The BD trousers and blouse

?

Great looking presentation and that garb is rare and hard to find in good condition. Neat Kukri too.

Robt.

I’m lucky that they’re all a good size as well, one of the Battledress blouses is slightly smaller that the other but both fit the mannequin. The boots are a size 9

Looks great thanks for showing

That's a brilliant display. What is the booklet with the photographs saying "Far Eastern Types"? Definitely a.....erm..... product of it's day.

If you are on the hunt for a decent SMLE bayo, I have one unit marked to the 1st South Staffs who as you know were part of 77th Indian Brigade and later were part of the 2nd Chindit expedition. It has matching 08 pattern frog attached so unlikely to have been used in Burma but represents a unit that was there. PM me if this is of any interest.

Great display. I've never seen one of those blouses. There was also a mosquito net that attached to the steel helmet, but it may not have been issued often.

Quote by Spitace41 View Post
    That's a brilliant display. What is the booklet with the photographs saying "Far Eastern Types"? Definitely a.....erm..... product of it's day.

If you are on the hunt for a decent SMLE bayo, I have one unit marked to the 1st South Staffs who as you know were part of 77th Indian Brigade and later were part of the 2nd Chindit expedition. It has matching 08 pattern frog attached so unlikely to have been used in Burma but represents a unit that was there. PM me if this is of any interest.
    The open booklet is the same as the other two, Far Eastern Survival Land and Sea. The first part of the book covers basic survival techniques, the last part of the book has a number of photographic portraits which depict men from various countries/regions. Definitely not PC today. The yellow one is printed on Rayon so it is waterproof, the other two are printed on paper.

Many thanks for the offer on the bayonet, unfortunately my love of WW2 is only matched by my wife’s love of expensive handbags so I’m a little spent out after Christmas! Hopefully normal purchasing will continue in early summer

A great display, thanks for showing it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thats a great display, well done, you've got some really nice pieces there mate.

Despite having no money I saw these for sale and had to get them! Indian made 1941 dated mosquito gauntlets and a 1944 dated mosquito net for the helmet.
    I think I’ll keep him in the slouch hat at the moment as he looks like a camouflaged bee keeper in this outfit
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 1945 British Jungle Greens   WW2 1945 British Jungle Greens  

WW2 1945 British Jungle Greens   WW2 1945 British Jungle Greens  

WW2 1945 British Jungle Greens  

?

Some issued items were not popular in the tropics and I can imagine the gloves fall into that category.
    Do you have a piccy of the boots please?

Oz.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast