Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Ww2 British Denim battle dress, found at weekend

Article about: Hi folks It's been too long since I posted anything up, so I thought old better pop my latest find on here as I won't have it for long, space becoming an issue in the collection and the wife

Reg
    ?

Default Ww2 British Denim battle dress, found at weekend

Hi folks

It's been too long since I posted anything up, so I thought old better pop my latest find on here as I won't have it for long, space becoming an issue in the collection and the wife finding bayonets stashed behind the music books means she's onto my stash places... Still, here it is, I hover round a few Welsh bric-a-brac shops hunting for militara and almost wrote these off as standard wooden battle dress until I saw the buttons, makers marks and size too worn to decipher and they've deffinately been worn well.....wether that was maintaining a ww2 artillery piece...or a 1970s Moggy Minor I can't say.

Anyway, hope you enjoy.

Reg Ww2 British Denim battle dress, found at weekendWw2 British Denim battle dress, found at weekendWw2 British Denim battle dress, found at weekendWw2 British Denim battle dress, found at weekendWw2 British Denim battle dress, found at weekend

A wooden battledress set-now THAT would be a find!

I am not sure if they reintroduced pleated pockets on the denim blouse post war, I have a 1941 example with the pleats and a 45 dated example with plain pockets. These days even the post war denim trousers are attracting a lot more than they used to.

A good pick up. Where in Wales did you find it?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Reg
    ?

Lol....my life is a constant battle against auto-correct. Machynlleth Jerry.....and I'm glad auto correct helped me there ;-)

I know the place, I passed there only last week, four times. I thought about stopping but was on my way to and from Anglesey on hols and had her indoors with me.
    Regards,

Jerry

Nice find!...

Reg
    ?

There's not usually much military stuff, but I nip in several and browse whilst the Mrs is looking round wierd, heebee geebee shops for frocks.

Auto correct didn't like that either ;-)

If it is the one I am thinking of, they had quite a few WWI and WWII german helmets in there last year and a few other bits and bobs, but not alot of stuff. The one I am thinking of is near the pianist in the front garden?
    Regards,

Jerry

Reg
    ?

Hi Jerry, that one has some nice bits and bobs but this was from the big nick-nack shop called Charlie's on the Dolgellau road. :-)