Become our sponsor and display your banner here

WW2 RAFTC Buttons.

Article about: Afternoon chaps, I have just received this very rarely seen group of buttons to the Royal Air Force Transport Command and a single to RAF Ferry Command. They all came from Marway Militaria i

Default WW2 RAFTC Buttons.

Afternoon chaps, I have just received this very rarely seen group of buttons to the Royal Air Force Transport Command and a single to RAF Ferry Command. They all came from Marway Militaria in Canada, and the team there were superb in "digging them out" for me and went way beyond what most dealers will bother to do for such small value items. As rare as hens teeth, these buttons are all marked up as being made by Scully Ltd, Montreal as you would expect as RAFTC HQ was at Dorval airbase Montreal. Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a1 005.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	895336   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a1 006.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	895337  

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

Beautiful set of buttons mate. Beats my Brass royal artillery ones! Lol

Never seen these before or likely too!

Quote by mattty01 View Post
    Beautiful set of buttons mate. Beats my Brass royal artillery ones! Lol

Never seen these before or likely too!
    Cheers Matt, this cap is not half bad either!! Doubt you or me will ever see another RAFTC Officers head warmer. Leon.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a1 007.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	895687Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a1 002.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	313.3 KB 
ID:	895688Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a1 004.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	321.8 KB 
ID:	895689
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

Heck, that cap ouzes history doesn't it!

Fantastic! Hadnt even heard of transport command until you said!

Keep up the top work fella.

?

How about mine then?

This is a civilian Transport Command cap, the civilians wearing a navy blue winter uniform, and a khaki summer uniform. The RAF and other Commonwealth Air Force crews seconded to Transport Command later in the war wore their service uniforms, and insignia, so the above cap is a bit of a puzzle - its an air force cap but with the Transport Command badge. Ive never seen photos of any Air Force bods wearing the TC cap badge.

Leon, would you be interested in parting with any of your RAFTC buttons? I have a tunic with a full set, but for a complete set in my insignia collection need one large and one small (pocket size) RAF TC button.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT3279.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	224.1 KB 
ID:	926190Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT3278.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	219.9 KB 
ID:	926189Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT3281.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	226.2 KB 
ID:	926193Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT3280.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	230.2 KB 
ID:	926192

Hello and welcome to the forum, thanks for your thoughts on my cap above. I too have come to the conclusion after a fair bit of research that the cap badge does not go with the cap! I have already removed it from the RAF cap as I have a US tan cap that once had a Transport Command bullion badge on it. I have a complete US pilots full uniform in tan and it is named. (minus the wings sadly)! Once I get around to re-attaching this cap badge onto the correct type of cap I will post it up.
    Yours is a beautiful cap by the way, I would love that one!!!
    As for the buttons, I am happy to let you have a small RAFTC one, but I only have one large RAFFC button spare, no large RAFTC at all.
    All the best, and send me a PM if you want the buttons. Leon.