Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WW2 Royal Engineers tunic.More info

Article about: Hello mates.I just received my ww2 british royal engineers tunic.It is in good shape and I got it for a nice price!It is dated 8/2/41 with the officer's name:G.F LEADBETER.It also has a tag

Default WW2 Royal Engineers tunic.More info

Hello mates.I just received my ww2 british royal engineers tunic.It is in good shape and I got it for a nice price!It is dated 8/2/41 with the officer's name:G.F LEADBETER.It also has a tag with a number which I dont know anything about it(maybe a phone number as I dont think that it is a service number).Please,if you can,let me know if it is OK.I would like also to help me find more information about this officer.Any ideas for the lanyard?What stands for?Many Thanks for your time and helpWW2 Royal Engineers tunic.More infoWW2 Royal Engineers tunic.More infoWW2 Royal Engineers tunic.More infoWW2 Royal Engineers tunic.More infoWW2 Royal Engineers tunic.More infoWW2 Royal Engineers tunic.More infoWW2 Royal Engineers tunic.More infoWW2 Royal Engineers tunic.More info

Found him in the London Gazette. Further research there will likely yield more results.

WW2 Royal Engineers tunic.More info

I appreciate it this a lot mate.Thank you!

What do you think about the tag with the number:605113 mate?

I forgot to mentioned that the lanyard is red but I dont know what stands for.Any help is welcome.Thanks again!

Not sure I'm afraid mate, I think the label reads 6051/3 though. Could be from a laundry place or tailors etc?

ahha You are right! The tag is stapled.Were there staples in that period?Thanks

Oh yes certainly, I'm fairly sure it can be a period label.

All are ok now.Your help is priceless!

Good looking tunic. The tag is almost certainly a dry cleaners tag. Staples for paper were invented in 1876.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast