Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Ww2 u.s officers jacket with english made patches ??

Article about: Hi what is the meaning of the wings on the sleeve ? is it english made ?? thank you for your time and help Tony

?

Default Ww2 u.s officers jacket with english made patches ??

Hi
    what is the meaning of the wings on the sleeve ?
    is it english made ??
    thank you for your time and help
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww2 u.s officers jacket with english made patches ??   Ww2 u.s officers jacket with english made patches ??  

Ww2 u.s officers jacket with english made patches ??   Ww2 u.s officers jacket with english made patches ??  

Default Re: Ww2 u.s officers jacket with english made patches ??

Hi Tony, nice looking tunic.

The patch does appear to be English made as it is on felt.

The wings on the cuff are for Flight Instructors. Authorised 6th March 1943.

Is the tunic named at all?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

The patch looks like us construction to me, the us made a lot of felt Air Corps patches during the war good jacket overall. There should be a tag inside one of the pockets.

?

I have an AAF officer jacket which looks like it had that patch on the right cuff. I can make out the shadow of it but did not know what patch was attached there. So what is the story bbehind it. Was this just a patch for state side use or were the used in the ETO and PTO?

?

Some of them were state side and others were over in both I believe. State side most of the pilots trained new pilots