Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 US 9th AAF Ike Jacket

Article about: Hello, I'm debating on whether to purchase this Ike jacket and pants. It doesn't look too bad but I can't clearly make out the campaign ribbons and the seller is out of town until the auctio

Default WW2 US 9th AAF Ike Jacket

Hello,

I'm debating on whether to purchase this Ike jacket and pants. It doesn't look too bad but I can't clearly make out the campaign ribbons and the seller is out of town until the auction closes. What do you think? It appears to have an American Campaign ribbon and a Europe-Africa-Middle East ribbon, which would appear to be correct. But is the middle ribbon an Asiatic Campaign?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

WW2 US 9th AAF Ike JacketWW2 US 9th AAF Ike JacketWW2 US 9th AAF Ike JacketWW2 US 9th AAF Ike Jacket

Default re: WW2 US 9th AAF Ike Jacket

Looks like the American Defense Service Medal to me?

Looks fine to me.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default re: WW2 US 9th AAF Ike Jacket

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Looks like the American Defense Service Medal to me?

Looks fine to me.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thank you Ade...I was really hoping you would chime in!

You're a huge asset on here.

Thank you!

Default Re: WW2 US 9th AAF Ike Jacket

Would the American Defense Ribbon be awarded with two Bronze Stars?

After further inspection the third ribbon looks like a Vietnam Campaign ribbon??

Bronze stars? I think you mean Service stars: if so, yes.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

The ribbons are for the Korean and Vietnam war period and do not go with the jacket.
    The jacket and pants are good WWII pieces regardless of the ribbons. If it is a fair price I would buy it friend.

Trust me nothing wrong with this. Like Steve says if the price is right, buy it.

Got a decent close up on the ribbons, I am squinting to see them here

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Bronze stars? I think you mean Service stars: if so, yes.

Cheers, Ade.
    Yes....I meant service stars.

Like you and Steve have mentioned...if the price is right. I had a feeling the jacket and pants looked right but the ribbons seemed wrong. The person listing them has listed some decent American items recently but this one seems suspect for the representation being made and he responded promptly to my email regarding the ribbons but with no further information and claimed he was out of town.

If the auction comes to the close about where it is I might pick them up but I would prefer everything to be correct.