Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWII 28th Div enlisted; what kind of shirt was worn under wool 4 button long jacket?

Article about: Trying to preserve an enlisted uniform, have wool jacket which I would call Class A? but no shirt. Have a shirt stamped as Khaki with rank and unit patches which I am guessing was issued in

40flier
    ?

Default WWII 28th Div enlisted; what kind of shirt was worn under wool 4 button long jacket?

Trying to preserve an enlisted uniform, have wool jacket which I would call Class A? but no shirt. Have a shirt stamped as Khaki with rank and unit patches which I am guessing was issued in 45 to an infantryman furloughed home from Germany to be transferred to the Pacific Theatre. Seems like I have two separate uniforms here?

From my research it sounds like there was an OD worsted wool shirt worn under the wool jacket which would not have had patches?

Thanks for your help

?

is there a possibility for some pic's?
    There are some amazing folks here that can help you with exactly what you need to finish your uniform.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Hi there

Standard Khaki Shirt used in the dress mode with enlisted OD winter service uniform.

Thanks to Shelby L Stanton US Army Uniforms of WWII.

Apologies for the delay , hope this helps

Phill

Attachment 1079693Attachment 1079694